Contribute
Register

4770K Stuck at either 3.5Ghz or 3.9Ghz (SSDT?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can I add to the thread that I'm also experiencing a 3.5GHz lock on my sandy i7-2700K

I have tried most of the usual things and can't get ML 10.8.5 past 3.5 GHz even if my Lion partition goes without a hitch to 4.4.

SMBIOS is MacMini 5.1, SSDT tried was from script (ssdtprgen, Multibeast, even copied from the Lion setup).

Chameleon settings are dropSSDT, Enable P states, Enable C states.

Thanks for any pointers.

i have found a solution (or I just jiggled some things to get it running)

I have re-applied multi beast with User/No DSDT, SSDTs, along with the sysdef personalities that will work with my setup.

Choose the sysdefs that are needed for your CPU, as per this great thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

Restart with -vxf, and then reboot.
Now the cpu package goes above 3.51GHz, up to 4.4 (in my case)

i have done a lot of tests. this is my best config:
-smbios imac14,2
-nullcpupowermanagement.kext (so mac uses xcpm)
-no ssdt

this is the best vanilla installation i have ever made.
doing this, and testing with intelpowergadget, i see my cpu going from 0,8ghz to 3,9 ghz (turbo).
even the wattage is perfect.
with intelgraphics enabled, the cpu stays on 28-30° (i have a switch h220)

just realized an issue: having both gtx780 and hd4600 enabled, i can't see videos on youtube, i see only artifacts. someone can help me?

edit2: solution found.
i disabled it on bios but i have to leave IGPEnabler se to yes, otherwise mavericks doesn't load

Hi, I've been posting and searching in here about the speedstep on my machine, and I see you have quite a conversation here.

I have a 4790k and a gigabyte z97 gaming 7, at first I hd very little speedstep, the processor was always running at 4 Ghz and up, and there is when I started searching for my self since, as you guys pointed out, there's not much info.
I tried ssdt, which didn't work for me, and a lot of system defs, until I figured out that Imac 14,1 works very well, allowing me to have turbo boost set in bios and install multibeast with the Generate Cpu States flag.
Now the processor bounces between 800 mhz and 4.4 Ghz, but the thing is that it stays very little on the slow speeds, it goes very easy up, for example with just opening spotify it goes to 4 GHz and then it starts going up and down.

That's what I've found so far, is there anyone with my same hardware that has speedstep fully working?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back