Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i4770k
Graphics
GTX 770 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Has anyone actually managed to OC the 4770k under 10.9 OVER 4.3 GHz on OSX side. ried up to 4.7GHz on windows side of things, no problem. :banghead:

With hope,
Sungam

I've got mine overclocked to 4.5ghz. I was capped at 4.3ghz and couldn't go over that until I edited the org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>No</string>

Those were set to yes, so I just changed their values to No.
I think it has to do with the Generate CPU States option in multibeast.

Awesome! Fiannly it works, up to 4,7GHz on OSX side :D Somehow this should be documented in a better way :S

Idling at 800MHz, browsing the web 3.5GHz when rendering it goes up to 4,7GHz. Is there a way to find about the possible speedsteps when booted into OSX? Not sure about turboboost....

Big thanks for the information, I was also a bit disappointed to not be able to get over 4.3 GHz, I thought I just had a bad version of the processor (as overclocking seems to vary a great deal from processor to processor). Can't wait to get home to try this tonight :)

i got up to 4.5 and boot but i guess because it is no longer stating the speed, i cannot get the speed to read above 4.3 correct? my goal is to get to 4.8 stable.
hoping it would display...

abc123kazu,

The "About this Mac" won't show anything over 4.3ghz(at least mine won't), but if you go to

About this Mac->More Info...->System Report

you should be able to see the speed your processor is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back