Contribute
Register

4770 (non k) 10.9.5, 7mb vram

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 10.9.1 the HD 4600 was working fine (no dedicated vga). Than I plugged in my R9 280X and had been using it since (integrated graphics was disabled).
Now with 10.9.5 I would like to test some of my code with an intel graphics chip so I tried to boot with IGPU selected in the bios.
I have only got one monitor. The monitor is attached to the motherboards HDMI right now.

Thank you for your help wildwillow!

With 10.9.1 the HD 4600 was working fine (no dedicated vga). Than I plugged in my R9 280X and had been using it since (integrated graphics was disabled).
Now with 10.9.5 I would like to test some of my code with an intel graphics chip so I tried to boot with IGPU selected in the bios.
I have only got one monitor. The monitor is attached to the motherboards HDMI right now.

Thank you for your help wildwillow!

I'm sure you will be able to boot with HD4600 and the Radeon 280x installed using dual monitors, correct me if i'm wrong. I know you should be able to boot using the integrated graphics. If I want to boot using just the Intel graphics only with my GT460 installed I use the boot flag NVDisable=0. Not sure how to do this with your 280x without removing it. Maybe for your test you could remove the 280x. Entirely up to you. Giving the opportunity to borrow another monitor may complete your code/test.

So I finally took out my 280X and tried to boot. Sadly still 7mb vram and I'm only able to boot with PCIRootUID=1. If I remember correctly with 10.9.1 (when my 280X was not in the machine) I didn't need to use PCIRootUID=1 to get to the desktop!
:confused:

Just tested it and with my 10.9.1 install everything works! What is wrong with 10.9.5?

So I finally took out my 280X and tried to boot. Sadly still 7mb vram and I'm only able to boot with PCIRootUID=1. If I remember correctly with 10.9.1 (when my 280X was not in the machine) I didn't need to use PCIRootUID=1 to get to the desktop!
:confused:

Just tested it and with my 10.9.1 install everything works! What is wrong with 10.9.5?

When you installed did you move the extra folder to the EFI partition? Is IGPEnabler is set to Yes and you also have Graphics Mode set in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.Plist with your native screen resolution.

Sorry to interrupt but I was slamming my head against a wall trying to figure this out until...

I installed with clover;

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html

and did this;

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298591-intel-hd-4600-qeci-yosemite/page-15#entry2058586

Now full support for my HD4600 in 10.9.5

It is probably an hour of effort but it could be worth it. I literally spent a weekend trying and failing to get my 10.9.5 chimera install to support the igpu. Up until 10.9.3 chimera had worked perfectly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back