Asrock Z87 extreme 4
CPU
4770 (non k)
Graphics
Gigabyte G1 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello there!

I have a i7 4770 (non k) and I'm unable to get proper video acceleration on 10.9.5. I have a fully working 280x and would like to use the intel chip for testing my projects.
To make the machine boot I have to type PCIRootUID=1. With this command osx boots using the HD 4600 but sadly without acceleration.

I tried a few other commands like GraphicsEnabler=Yes, IntelAzulFB=12, but no luck.
Any ideas?

Thank you!

Edit:
I'm using the latest chimera!
Ohh and also when I boot with the HD 4600 (PCIRootUID=1) the audio is not working...

Please fill in your profile with system being motherboard and complete the rest accordingly. What boot loader are you using?

Hi there!
I'm using the latest chimera.

Hi there!
I'm using the latest chimera.

I would suggest trying IGPEnabler=Yes. This injects Intel graphics. This should be the default setting in MultiBeast for Mavericks if you haven't changed it to No.

Sadly it does not work. I'm using HDMI and set up my bios to share 64mb of ram.

The other weird thing is when I boot with PCIRootUID=1 my audio stops working (grayed out volume indicator). :|

Sadly it does not work. I'm using HDMI and set up my bios to share 64mb of ram.

The other weird thing is when I boot with PCIRootUID=1 my audio stops working (grayed out volume indicator). :|

Have your set your Graphics first boot in UEFI/BIOS, to IGFX?

Yes I have!

Tried to boot without kext caches but it wont even boot into osx.

Yes I have!

Tried to boot without kext caches but it wont even boot into osx.

I'm not familiar with ASUS motherboards and UEFI. Did you disable vt-d in the BIOS as you are using a non "K" version processor?

Yes I did.

Everything was working nicely on 10.9.1, but sadly 10.9.5 is a no go :(
I'm going to try other things out. Hopefully there is a solution to my problem.
I might try removing my 280X..

Yes I did.

Everything was working nicely on 10.9.1, but sadly 10.9.5 is a no go :(
I'm going to try other things out. Hopefully there is a solution to my problem.
I might try removing my 280X..

So you were using the 10.9.1 with the 280x and the Intel Graphics was disabled/enabled. Now in 10.9.5 you would like to use the Intel graphics as well. A question for you, are you using two monitors or just the one? Enabling HD4600 with the 280x installed and only using one monitor will give you problems. Especially booting. If you only have one monitor connected to the 280x you shouldn't be able to see the Chimera boot screen and the screen displays once you reach the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back