NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 Mo
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, all of you Masters :)
Newbie by nature, I just want to improve myself in digital life...
I've got a nice 4730s ML installation succeed but as I am a composer, I would start an other installation with Lion in 32 bits mode.
First question:
-Is it possible?
I tried, I tried but I'm stucked with this boring spinning wheel!
-x -V is hebrew for me so I took this picture someone of you could help.
Dunno if it's about my extensions, my DSDT or else. Lost in binary space...
So the 2nd question is:
-Why? what I did wrong?? Why the universe so deep??? hum... not the last.
I did my unibeast well (I think so because I can select my boot disk, boot flag I want)
I juste want to use my SSL duende Classic when i'm out af my studio!!!
So, so, so...
Thanks beforehand of the froggy newbie
Ciao!

P.S.: my first post!!! I recommended myself. Isn't that cool?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 292
Hi, all of you Masters :)
Newbie by nature, I just want to improve myself in digital life...
I've got a nice 4730s ML installation succeed but as I am a composer, I would start an other installation with Lion in 32 bits mode.
First question:
-Is it possible?
I tried, I tried but I'm stucked with this boring spinning wheel!
-x -V is hebrew for me so I took this picture someone of you could help.
Dunno if it's about my extensions, my DSDT or else. Lost in binary space...
So the 2nd question is:
-Why? what I did wrong?? Why the universe so deep??? hum... not the last.
I did my unibeast well (I think so because I can select my boot disk, boot flag I want)
I juste want to use my SSL duende Classic when i'm out af my studio!!!
So, so, so...
Thanks beforehand of the froggy newbie
Ciao!

P.S.: my first post!!! I recommended myself. Isn't that cool?

How did you install? Are you using the Probook Installer?

We removed most 32-bit kexts from the installer in the latest version, so it is no longer possible without building/finding your own with 32-bit support.

But why run 32-bit (Lion works fine in 64-bit mode)? Do you have some hardware that only has 32-bit drivers/kexts or something?

Hi Rehabman,
In fact, I have my principal Hackintosh Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 with Intel Core i7 2.93 GHz 10.7.4 forced to boot in x86, then use 32- or 64-bit Kernel Startup Mode Selector to have a 32 bit EFI boot startup mode.
I can now use my SSL Duende Classic(no 64bits supported, do not appear physically in system pref on x64 boot...) and in Logic Pro (started in 32bits too) to have the whole access to ram for Kontakt, for example. Also, I don't have to support the 64 to 32 bits utility inside Logic for all my 32 bits plugins I use!!!

About the way I installed on probook... following tuto on Tonymac's bible:):):)
I made my unibeast 1.6 lion install, then put Probook 6GM on the key.
Install the dsdt 4730s Standart NewFan from PB6GM.
In fact, the same install I did for the working ML install on the 4730s but with the unibeast Lion version.
But the wheel is spinning on the gray apple page after choosing Unibeast USB Key to intall Lion.
So...
I just want to do what I did for my Gigabyte i7 machine:
Install Lion normally in x64, make it boot via org.chameleon.Boot.plist by <string>arch=i386 npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
Then use 32- or 64-bit Kernel Startup Mode Selector to have the 32 bit EF, the duende on my FW400 expresscard with my Metric Halo Uln2 sound card, recognized in ML install for my probook I made for tests.

Hope my english is clear...

And thank you so much RehabMan for your help but I think I'm not the one who needs to do that:)

Hi Rehabman,
In fact, I have my principal Hackintosh Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 with Intel Core i7 2.93 GHz 10.7.4 forced to boot in x86, then use 32- or 64-bit Kernel Startup Mode Selector to have a 32 bit EFI boot startup mode.
I can now use my SSL Duende Classic(no 64bits supported, do not appear physically in system pref on x64 boot...) and in Logic Pro (started in 32bits too) to have the whole access to ram for Kontakt, for example. Also, I don't have to support the 64 to 32 bits utility inside Logic for all my 32 bits plugins I use!!!

About the way I installed on probook... following tuto on Tonymac's bible:):):)
I made my unibeast 1.6 lion install, then put Probook 6GM on the key.
Install the dsdt 4730s Standart NewFan from PB6GM.
In fact, the same install I did for the working ML install on the 4730s but with the unibeast Lion version.
But the wheel is spinning on the gray apple page after choosing Unibeast USB Key to intall Lion.
So...
I just want to do what I did for my Gigabyte i7 machine:
Install Lion normally in x64, make it boot via org.chameleon.Boot.plist by <string>arch=i386 npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
Then use 32- or 64-bit Kernel Startup Mode Selector to have the 32 bit EF, the duende on my FW400 expresscard with my Metric Halo Uln2 sound card, recognized in ML install for my probook I made for tests.

Hope my english is clear...

And thank you so much RehabMan for your help but I think I'm not the one who needs to do that:)

First, this should be in the Probook Lion forum. I will move it after your next response.

But some questions:
- complete hardware specs of your probook (especially, does it have Radeon?)
- if it has Radeon have you disabled it in BIOS?
- where did you get your Lion image (Mac App Store?)
- what BIOS version?
- I'm reading that you did an ML install and it worked, but are failing with Lion (what Lion version?) at the stage when you boot the installer via USB
- Did you try different USB ports?
- Different USB sticks??

But you are not going to get 32-bit to work, at least not with the kexts provided in the Probook Installer v6.
All of the following kexts are built 64-bit only:
ACPIPoller.kext
AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext
FakeSMC.kext (+ plugins)
IOath3kfrmwr.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Each one of those would have to be built using xcode with 32-bit enabled. Most are available in source form on my github repo (http://github.com/RehabMan), except for FakeSMC.kext which comes from slice's branch, slightly modified ACPISensors Info.plist with 'monitor' replaced with 'FAN00000'.

Here are the informations:

- complete hardware specs of your probook (especially, does it have Radeon?)
HP Probook 4730S A1D55EA which have a 512mb AMD Radeon HD 6490M
- if it has Radeon have you disabled it in BIOS?
Yes, I think so, by unchecking switchable Graphics? Virtualization Technology? It's not so clear for me
- where did you get your Lion image (Mac App Store?)
Yes, I bought it and it's the 10.7.2 (1.0.13)
- what BIOS version?
F29
- I'm reading that you did an ML install and it worked, but are failing with Lion (what Lion version?) at the stage when you boot the installer via USB
Yes, in 10.7.2 version
- Did you try different USB ports?
Yes, I did all of them with no other usb ports used.
- Different USB sticks??
I will try, it's a good idea:)

So, for the moment, I'll try an other USB key and see your blog to learn more about all what you told me!

An other question, I've extracted my original DSDT with your method but when I tried to patch it with all.txt or 04_FanExperimental.text , DSDT said I've got about 200 or 140 hundreds errors each. Weird?

Thank you RehabMan for you patience and I'm glad to learn more all about that!

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    48.4 KB · Views: 111
An other question, I've extracted my original DSDT with your method but when I tried to patch it with all.txt or 04_FanExperimental.text , DSDT said I've got about 200 or 140 hundreds errors each. Weird?

You would not want to use all.txt for your laptop -- it won't work (maybe that is the crux of the problem in your DSDT selection to place on Unibeast key??). Your laptop has a dual-link display, so you'd want to use one of the "1080" variants (or if using MaciASL, use the ones marked dual-link).

And if you are getting errors after patching (I assume you're using DSDT Editor), then you are moving to the compile stage too quickly. You need to give DSDT Editor time to catch up, so wait a while before compiling. I recommend using MaciASL with ML -- it is not as "quirky" as DSDT Editor (Java apps just suck).

Yeess!!!
I've finally installed 10.7.5, with working 32 bits system accepting my SSL duende classic module:)
But... I can understand now what you were telling me about the 32 bits extensions missing for me in the probook installer 6.
The fan still "fanning", windows and applications stops when opening or moving and maybe some problems i've not discovered yet:)
So do you have the 32 bits kexts you told me about, somewhere in a zip folder I can use?
Am I boring???
I've been visiting your blog but, I don't know which file to take and about the fakesmc too and how to do(still downloading Xcode but...)
Thanks beforehand.

P.S.: think I made a mistake in my sentence
I was meaning that I'm not maybe the only guy one that needs this boot configuration for his external material, so sorry for misunderstanding.

Yeess!!!
I've finally installed 10.7.5, with working 32 bits system accepting my SSL duende classic module:)
But... I can understand now what you were telling me about the 32 bits extensions missing for me in the probook installer 6.
The fan still "fanning", windows and applications stops when opening or moving and maybe some problems i've not discovered yet:)
So do you have the 32 bits kexts you told me about, somewhere in a zip folder I can use?

You will have to build 32-bit compatible kexts yourself. I'm no longer providing/testing them. The world has moved to 64-bit.

You will have to build 32-bit compatible kexts yourself. I'm no longer providing/testing them. The world has moved to 64-bit.
Yes, for sure and I didn't wanted to ask you to do that job:)
My last question about this if you permise.
Do you think there is a possibility to make a 32bits install in 64 bits and where I can maybe learn how to or a community you can switch me (out of SSL who discontinued this product...)?
Hum, this question might be stupid I know but I ask:)

Yes, for sure and I didn't wanted to ask you to do that job:)
My last question about this if you permise.
Do you think there is a possibility to make a 32bits install in 64 bits and where I can maybe learn how to or a community you can switch me (out of SSL who discontinued this product...)?
Hum, this question might be stupid I know but I ask:)

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back