Contribute
Register

4540s Trouble using the Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everthing is working now except for the wifi card(will replace by the AR9280) I ordered it 2 days ago just in case, it was pretty cheap. Thanks for all mod! I will try another chip in my other laptop first if it works I wil use it till I receive the other one! Thanks again, will update you with everything else!

UPDATE: Everything is now working(wifi,trackpad,etc, except for bluetooth which isn't a problem.
I went trough three laptops we have in my house and the last one which was broken had a AR5B93 which works out of the box for the 4540s! Will be a good alternative as a wifi card. I might use the AR9280 in my Customacmine deluxe and finally install a graphic card! Thanks so much RehabMan for all!

Everthing is working now except for the wifi card(will replace by the AR9280) I ordered it 2 days ago just in case, it was pretty cheap. Thanks for all mod! I will try another chip in my other laptop first if it works I wil use it till I receive the other one! Thanks again, will update you with everything else!

UPDATE: Everything is now working(wifi,trackpad,etc, except for bluetooth which isn't a problem.
I went trough three laptops we have in my house and the last one which was broken had a AR5B93 which works out of the box for the 4540s! Will be a good alternative as a wifi card. I might use the AR9280 in my Customacmine deluxe and finally install a graphic card! Thanks so much RehabMan for all!

Congrats and enjoy...

It is one alternative. Read the FAQ and follow the links for more suggestions. For example, I believe some are searching out the new BCM cards that have 'ac' capability.

It is probably what I'll try to find when I get my 4540s next week...

I stuck here but can make bootable USB from Installer ESD
Any Help?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 129
I stuck here but can make bootable USB from Installer ESD
Any Help?

You don't create it from the ESD. You simply download it from the Mac App Store, then run Unibeast selecting the appropriate option. You should not run around and mount the internal DMG or anything like that...

USB created to test the installer uni not working :(

USB created to test the installer uni not working :(

Make sure you use the boot flags as instructed... And some are having to use 'IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No' as well...

And... be very patient with booting of the installer. It is much, much slower than Lion/ML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back