Contribute
Register

4540S LCD Screen (1080p replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nevermind, i've purchased from the previous link.

thanks

albertX, there is no need to reinstall Mavericks after screen replacement?

Success here, not too much trouble except for one of the HD screw that went straight into a hole when putting everything back... GRRR!

The display is great but i have a half centimeter spot on the left border that is more lighten than the rest of the screen. I'm gonna check with the seller to get a discount or a new LCD. It's not making the thing unusable but i don't like to have something like this on any of my machine.

Good luck to anyone doing this procedure.

albertX, there is no need to reinstall Mavericks after screen replacement?

You will not need to re-install, but you will need to re-patch DSDT.

You will not need to re-install, but you will need to re-patch DSDT.

Now i waiting for LVDS cable and when it will be ready i'll try to make some photos of the replacement process :cool:

I tried every profiles, but none of them work, any help? The screen works perfectly when I boot the laptop up as well as at the apple logo.
1961394_10202735564564400_257614780_n.jpg

I tried every profiles, but none of them work, any help? The screen works perfectly when I boot the laptop up as well as at the apple logo.
View attachment 85268

What do you mean "every profiles."

Your issue looks like an improperly patched DSDT.

*Color profiles sorry.
Which DSDT should I use? Thanks

*Color profiles sorry.
Which DSDT should I use? Thanks

You should follow the guide for repatching DSDT. Look in the sticky guide under hardware and BIOS upgrades.

You should follow the guide for repatching DSDT. Look in the sticky guide under hardware and BIOS upgrades.

Okay thanks, will try it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back