Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Solved - [4540S] Impossible to format partitions

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to install an hackintosh on my brand new 4540s following the Clover tutorial.
But I can't format the "OS" partition with partition manager, the only thing I can do is booting on the USB drive.

I guess the BIOS is preventing the hard drive to be formated, but I can't find how to disable this option..

Can anyone help me with that ?

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to install an hackintosh on my brand new 4540s following the Clover tutorial.
But I can't format the "OS" partition with partition manager, the only thing I can do is booting on the USB drive.

I guess the BIOS is preventing the hard drive to be formated, but I can't find how to disable this option..

Can anyone help me with that ?
Most probably because your disk is on a MBR partition scheme and OS X does not support that (unless you use the MBR patch). You need to change it to GPT.
You can use GParted in Linux on a Live USB.

Thanks you soooo much !
So i need to delete all my hard drive (The HP_Recovery partition too ? :/)

Perfect ! It worked perfectly ! (And I'm writting this post from my ProBook on Maevericks)

And, i know I'm out of my first question, but i read somewhere that, three fingers swipes can be enabled on Probook's Hackintosh but I don't remember how.. Do you have some ideas ?

Thanks again for everything !

Perfect ! It worked perfectly ! (And I'm writting this post from my ProBook on Maevericks)

And, i know I'm out of my first question, but i read somewhere that, three fingers swipes can be enabled on Probook's Hackintosh but I don't remember how.. Do you have some ideas ?

Thanks again for everything !

I should probably add this to the guide, but...

Three finger swipes simulate keystrokes. To assign those keystrokes to a function, go to SysPrefs->Keyboard->Keyboard Shortcuts, select the function/feature you want to assign to the swipe, then do the swipe.

Wow! For some reason, I thought the driver only supported up to 2-finger swipes. Good thing I read this! I love it! Thanks. :)

Is there anyway to configure both 3-finger swipes and Ctrl+(right / left arrow) to switch between Desktops?

cci[RR]us;781720 said:
Wow! For some reason, I thought the driver only supported up to 2-finger swipes. Good thing I read this! I love it! Thanks. :)

Is there anyway to configure both 3-finger swipes and Ctrl+(right / left arrow) to switch between Desktops?

You can still switch between desktops by using the keystrokes (Ctrl+Command+arrows, if I remember correctly).

You can still switch between desktops by using the keystrokes (Ctrl+Command+arrows, if I remember correctly).
Yes, you are right. It's like 3-finger swipe == Ctrl+Cmd+arrows. Default was Ctrl+arrows. I actually wanted 3-finger swipe OR Ctrl+arrows to switch between the Desktops. But that doesn't seem possible so I guess I have live with Ctrl+Cmd+arrows. :)

Thank you sooooooo much ! I'm really loving this feature !
You guys have really enhanced life of a lot of people with a hackintosh that have this level of compatibility !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back