Contribute
Register

4540s clover installed 10.10.1 Yosemite can I update from the Apple Store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You explained in posting the efi/clover folder from efi partition on hdd as:

Mount EFI partition that you're trying to boot from (eg. the HDD installed in the laptop).
Compress EFI/Clover folder on that partition as ZIP.

can you explain specifically how i do that?

the output of "diskutil list" is:

/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 999.3 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3
/dev/disk1
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *4.0 GB disk1
1: DOS_FAT_32 CLOVER 4.0 GB disk1s1
Macintosh:~ tonespace$

Run PBI CE again, and post troubleshooting files after running.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting 2015-08-28 02-09.zip
    6 MB · Views: 76
ok..here it is.

Yay... an EFI/Clover folder!

This Clover is rev 3261:
Code:
Speedy-OSX:Downloads RehabMan$ strings /Users/Admin/Downloads/Troubleshooting\ 2015-08-28\ 02-09/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi |grep -y "clover revision"
Clover revision: 3261

Are you still seeing v3027 when you boot?

Yay... an EFI/Clover folder!

This Clover is rev 3261:
Code:
Speedy-OSX:Downloads RehabMan$ strings /Users/Admin/Downloads/Troubleshooting\ 2015-08-28\ 02-09/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi |grep -y "clover revision"
Clover revision: 3261

Are you still seeing v3027 when you boot?

I havent rebooted yet..but based on your optimism i will right now..enthusiastically..and post the result.

I rebooted and it did show clover 3261..and booted into the os like normal..Thank you so much..RehabMan for your Zen-like patience and to nguyenmac as well..One issue that i had while only booting through the usb stick was no sound..i still have no sound..when i go to system preferences..and sound...the only thing i see is something called movabi sound grabber for input..and absolutely nothing listed for the output..I'd imagine the remedy to fix this shouldnt be too much involved?

I rebooted and it did show clover 3261..and booted into the os like normal..Thank you so much..RehabMan for your Zen-like patience and to nguyenmac as well..One issue that i had while only booting through the usb stick was no sound..i still have no sound..when i go to system preferences..and sound...the only thing i see is something called movabi sound grabber for input..and absolutely nothing listed for the output..I'd imagine the remedy to fix this shouldnt be too much involved?

Repeat step 14 in the install guide.

Thanks Yall. I repaired the sound following step 14 and used Google to figure how to perform said task.

Not to disrespect you but majority of your posts gave me eye cancer due to bad paragraphing.

Would be easier in future for others to find your posts easy to read, similar to your problem and finding a possible answer prior to creating a new thread.

Regards,

Regarding audio, read guide, step #14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back