Contribute
Register

4540s clover installed 10.10.1 Yosemite can I update from the Apple Store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4540s
CPU
IvyBridge I7 3rd Generation
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Updated clover 10.10.1 4540s to 10.10.5 from store.now it bootloops

The title explains it all. I updated from maverick to Yosemite using the clover install..and want to update from 10.10.1 to 10.10.(whatever's the latest).
from the clover install instructions I read I can just update from the App Store as one would a normal
Mac. I just want to be thorough and ask, in case there's a detail..or recent update to said instruction..that suggests I shouldn't upgrade normally..so can I simply update from the App Store?

The title explains it all. I updated from maverick to Yosemite using the clover install..and want to update from 10.10.1 to 10.10.(whatever's the latest).
from the clover install instructions I read I can just update from the App Store as one would a normal
Mac. I just want to be thorough and ask, in case there's a detail..or recent update to said instruction..that suggests I shouldn't upgrade normally..so can I simply update from the App Store?

10.10.5 is the latest.

You should be able to update from the App Store->Updates, provided you have a correct Clover setup (PBI-CE).

If you didn't use PBI-CE and have your own Clover setup, all bets are off. There are more incorrect ways to use Clover and setup your system than there are correct ways.

Thanks..I updated from a non-clover maverick...using whatever the best method was within this forum, to install maverick...I uploaded to Yosemite using the clover method of updating described in the sticky of this very subsection of the forum.

Thanks..I updated from a non-clover maverick...using whatever the best method was within this forum, to install maverick...I uploaded to Yosemite using the clover method of updating described in the sticky of this very subsection of the forum.

You should be fine, although you might consider updating your system with the latest PBI-CE.

Cool..thanks.

I updated to 10.10.5 from the App Store..I did not update the probook installer clover edition at the time.
the update downloaded..the computer shutdown and got to the screen for applying the update.
the update applied fully..or so it looked as the progress bar filled to completion and the computer restarted..
it then went to the clover screen that has the Macintosh hd circle selected by default..which boots into the os..next to that are the two recovery circle options..I let it boot up as I usually do.
it starts with a wide Mac apple logo..then the progress bar continues till the apple logo turns narrower..suggesting the resolution is loading..However..it hung at the fatter logo for an unusually longer period..never going to the more narrow Apple logo..then the screen went black..then the cursor arrow appears..then it restarted..back to the HP logo..
then the screen with the three big circles appeared with it auto selected on the one that boots the os as usual..
then I got the message "your computer restarted because of a problem" message..
then it goes back to the fatter apple logo and loading bar..and is on a loop doing everything I described above that it did after it finished the 10.10.5 update. over and over..
i tried turning the computer off altogether and pulling out the battery..
after putting it back in and turning it on, it's continued the loop doing what I described..
can you help me in getting it to work again.

Updated clover 10.10.1 to 10.10.5 4540s now it bootloops not going to os

I also tried to select the boot Mac os from recovery hd..and the boot recovery from recovery hd..the two other circle options at the screen before the loading of the Apple logo screen..and it does not work and does the same boot loop.

I updated to 10.10.5 from the App Store..I did not update the probook installer clover edition at the time.
the update downloaded..the computer shutdown and got to the screen for applying the update.
the update applied fully..or so it looked as the progress bar filled to completion and the computer restarted..
it then went to the clover screen that has the Macintosh hd circle selected by default..which boots into the os..next to that are the two recovery circle options..I let it boot up as I usually do.
it starts with a wide Mac apple logo..then the progress bar continues till the apple logo turns narrower..suggesting the resolution is loading..However..it hung at the fatter logo for an unusually longer period..never going to the more narrow Apple logo..then the screen went black..then the cursor arrow appears..then it restarted..back to the HP logo..
then the screen with the three big circles appeared with it auto selected on the one that boots the os as usual..
then I got the message "your computer restarted because of a problem" message..
then it goes back to the fatter apple logo and loading bar..and is on a loop doing everything I described above that it did after it finished the 10.10.5 update. over and over..
i tried turning the computer off altogether and pulling out the battery..
after putting it back in and turning it on, it's continued the loop doing what I described..
can you help me in getting it to work again.

Boot verbose, post photo.

Thank you for replying.
i do not know what "boot verbose" means..can you please explain in more detail what that means I am to do?
i am posting from an iPad and have taken a photo of each screen of the bootloop...but i have not figured out how to successfully add those photos to this reply.

ive looked up what verbose means in regard to a Mac..and have figured out that it is a screen that would show information to troubleshoot a problem..I've also figured out that the photo you'd like me to post..is of whatever the verbose or troubleshooting screen displays..still..I do not know how to put my probook 4540s computer..on that verbose screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back