intel
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have been using my 4530s for a few months now. But I am still having graphic glitches, and YES i did patch my DSDT. I wanted to know if I should have set my Graphics Enbaler to NO. My graphics card is: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB.

Thanks for your help and answer.

Hi,

I have been using my 4530s for a few months now. But I am still having graphic glitches, and YES i did patch my DSDT. I wanted to know if I should have set my Graphics Enbaler to NO. My graphics card is: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB.

Either not present or GraphicsEnabler=No. But I don't think it matters...

If you get graphics glitches you should try EC reset: shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

Also, you need to re-extract/re-patch your DSDT if you ever make any hardware change (adding memory, for example) or update BIOS.

Hi,

What kind of os version are you using? Some time using the correct kext and the mac version details(smbios plist, or something like this) will help to fix the glitches.
try to make a new user and see if it helps. Good luck

Mountain Lion 10.8.2 is what I'm using.

Mountain Lion 10.8.2 is what I'm using.

Why not jump to 10.8.3 and download hp probook installer beta11 and install the 10.8.3 kext. did you try making a new user id?

I tried 10.8.3 on another computer I was using and had issues loading some software packages. I had to revert back to 10.8.2.
However, I did GraphicsEnabler=NO, and it seemed to clear up a lot of the issues I was having with my video.

Thanks

I tried 10.8.3 on another computer I was using and had issues loading some software packages. I had to revert back to 10.8.2.
However, I did GraphicsEnabler=NO, and it seemed to clear up a lot of the issues I was having with my video.

Thanks

what method of installation did you use for 10.8.0? Unibeat?
If you are using any other ways, then these errors are possible, telling from my personal experience. I advice a clean fresh install with unibeast way and then using a patched DSDT or using probook installer.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back