Contribute
Register

4530s not working wifi.. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I've had a 4530s for quite some time. Finally, the installation got slow with spyware and popups, so I decided to start fresth. I made a new Unibeat installer with 10.9.5. I installed, got ethernet working, then ran the pro book installer 6.1.6.

My problem is I can't get wifi. I've done the installation twice. I used kext wizard to repair caches and disk permissions, but the wifi isn't showing up.

Any advice?

ok, quite right. I started fresh again, and now a wifi icon shows up, no local wifi networks populate as being available..

Ok, I finally went to the little hardware button just to the left of the button that turns wireless on or off. I looked up that button in the official HP manual and it's described as a "quick web" button.
in the manual it says the wireless button (to the right of the quick web button) "turns the wireless feature on or off but does not establish a wireless connection"

well, the "
quick web" button never used to do anything in the mac os, as I recall it, but now it seems to make wifi connections that are present in the area available. Is this some kind of tweak that somebody made in the pro book installer?

I remember it used to be that when wifi wouldn't work in the OSX, a person had to reinstall a windows boot drive, enable wifi, and then go back to a Mac installation.

So, now things are working, but I'm just curious about these questions

Can you provide any insight?

Thanx!

Ok, I finally went to the little hardware button just to the left of the button that turns wireless on or off. I looked up that button in the official HP manual and it's described as a "quick web" button.
in the manual it says the wireless button (to the right of the quick web button) "turns the wireless feature on or off but does not establish a wireless connection"

well, the "
quick web" button never used to do anything in the mac os, as I recall it, but now it seems to make wifi connections that are present in the area available. Is this some kind of tweak that somebody made in the pro book installer?

The "quick web" button on the left does nothing (as it always has). The "Wifi toggle" on the right turns on/off WiFi (as it always has).

The "quick web" button on the left does nothing (as it always has). The "Wifi toggle" on the right turns on/off WiFi (as it always has).

Well, the list of available routers didn't appear tip I hit that button!!??

Keep the possibility in mind for future reference.

Thanks for all your help

Well, the list of available routers didn't appear tip I hit that button!!??

There is a delay after you press the WiFi toggle button. Your pressing the quick web button had nothing to do with WiFi working, it was just that there was adequate time passed until you checked.

I think if you test the function of the buttons carefully and deliberately, you'll discover the true function of each.

There is a delay after you press the WiFi toggle button. Your pressing the quick web button had nothing to do with WiFi working, it was just that there was adequate time passed until you checked.

I think if you test the function of the buttons carefully and deliberately, you'll discover the true function of each.

Ok, I'm having to do the install again anyway, because I misspelled the short name on the installation.

I hadn't considered the possibility you have told me about. I believe you probably know what you're talking about.

Btw, I'd like to do a Clover installation if I could get one to work properly. I am using a desktop that was booted from a Clover USB. I haven't been able to install clover to the hard drive. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

In your opinion, is the clover installation worth it for the 4530s?

Ok, I'm having to do the install again anyway, because I misspelled the short name on the installation.

I hadn't considered the possibility you have told me about. I believe you probably know what you're talking about.

Btw, I'd like to do a Clover installation if I could get one to work properly. I am using a desktop that was booted from a Clover USB. I haven't been able to install clover to the hard drive. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

In your opinion, is the clover installation worth it for the 4530s?

There is a guide for using Clover on the ProBook. You should follow it carefully.

do YOU think it's better?

have you used it personally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back