Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s - Clover
CPU
i3-2310M
Graphics
HD 3000, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I'm having issues with both the built-in mic and the line-in port for external mic. In SysPrefs>Sound, the built-in mic shows continuous audio being registered, even in a completely quiet area with ambient noise reduction on. The line-in port, however, seems like it should be functioning properly... but no dictation commands are recognized by the system (I make sure that the audio input settings for dictation are set up correctly before testing each input source). The built-in mic did work well after the initial installation of Sierra, but now only has a clear signal for about a minute after booting and then it fails.

I've looked into patching AppleHDA (and/or using CodecCommander), but the process has me a bit confused and I'm not even sure if patching would work. Can someone please point me in the right direction to solving this problem?

I'm having issues with both the built-in mic and the line-in port for external mic. In SysPrefs>Sound, the built-in mic shows continuous audio being registered, even in a completely quiet area with ambient noise reduction on. The line-in port, however, seems like it should be functioning properly... but no dictation commands are recognized by the system (I make sure that the audio input settings for dictation are set up correctly before testing each input source). The built-in mic did work well after the initial installation of Sierra, but now only has a clear signal for about a minute after booting and then it fails.

I've looked into patching AppleHDA (and/or using CodecCommander), but the process has me a bit confused and I'm not even sure if patching would work. Can someone please point me in the right direction to solving this problem?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 60
  • ioreg.zip
    697.4 KB · Views: 51
  • kextcache output.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 59
  • kextstat output.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 62
  • patchmatic.zip
    56.3 KB · Views: 58
Problem Reporting files attached

Remove unnecessary software:
WavTap.kext

Keep in mind external mic on Probook requires use of mono->stereo adapter.

Also:
- Android File Transfer is hooking your USB ports (see FAQ for details)

Removed WavTap, audio input is working but the "white noise" is still there... thankfully its level is much lower. Also removed Android File Transfer. Thanks for your help once again RehabMan.

Removed WavTap, audio input is working but the "white noise" is still there... thankfully its level is much lower. Also removed Android File Transfer. Thanks for your help once again RehabMan.

Consider fresh install and/or EC reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back