Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I cannot get my external or internal microphone to work. I've installed using newest Probook installer. What kext can I use to get this working?

I cannot get my external or internal microphone to work. I've installed using newest Probook installer. What kext can I use to get this working?

Internal mic should work no problem. It is patched AppleHDA that provides this. What do you see in SysPrefs->Sound->Input?

As far as external, you need to use a stereo input to make it work. For a mono mic, use a mono->stereo adapter.

i'm seeing internal mic. where can i test this? im talking, but nothings picking up in the mic volume bar.

i'm seeing internal mic. where can i test this? im talking, but nothings picking up in the mic volume bar.

You should see both "Internal microphone" and "Line in" listed. If you talk or whistle or otherwise make noise with the line marked "Internal microphone" selected, you should see the bars indicate it.

i've got nothing. i'm tapping on the mic, and no bars are moving.

i've got nothing. i'm tapping on the mic, and no bars are moving.

You might try these things:
- verify the hardware is working: Try using the mic on Windows and/or Linux.
- do a fresh install of OS X or at least restore vanilla AppleHDA then follow up with "OS X support kexts" with latest ProBook Installer (currently 6.1.6).

mic works. i've been unable to find a vanilla applehda kext. can you point me in the right direction?

im assuming install with kextwizard, install 6.1.6, rebuild, restart?

mic works. i've been unable to find a vanilla applehda kext. can you point me in the right direction?

It is on your Unibeast USB in /System/Library/Extensions.

im assuming install with kextwizard, install 6.1.6, rebuild, restart?

Yes.

Ok, so I installed the kext. then i installed 4x30 kexts using 6.1.6 installer. i rebuilt cache and extensions. and......

EDIT: My external jack is working. not the internal mic with webcam.

Do i have to set up a dual boot to check internal mic? that's the only thing i can think of unless there's another kext i should try repatching.

at least my external jack is working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back