Contribute
Register

4530s - Added new SSD. Booting is stuck. See attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Toshiba
CPU
Dual Core
Graphics
IBM HD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just added a new SSD to my 4530s. (Not much luck with SSDs today). After cloning original hd with Carbon Cloner to SSD and then adding Chimera. Booting now gets stuck. Interestingly, I can boot up with my recovery usb stick, select the SSD and everything works great. Just can not boot directly to the SSD. See attached image.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    793.6 KB · Views: 224
Just added a new SSD to my 4530s. (Not much luck with SSDs today). After cloning original hd with Carbon Cloner to SSD and then adding Chimera. Booting now gets stuck. Interestingly, I can boot up with my recovery usb stick, select the SSD and everything works great. Just can not boot directly to the SSD. See attached image.

Probably kernel cache issue. Try repair permissions & rebuild cache. Also remove the sleepimage from /var/vm/sleepimage.

Either that or it is a botched clone via CCC. Maybe try Disk Utility instead to clone.

Used kext utility and removed the sleep image, and still same issue. Maybe bad clone, but seems to boot up with the recovery usb stick.

i installed Chimera after the clone and was getting the boot selection. is there anything else needed ?

i installed Chimera after the clone and was getting the boot selection. is there anything else needed ?

Sometimes the Chimera/Chameleon installer doesn't actually install all its parts (it depends on what it finds existing on MBR/PBR). I'd call it a bug in the installer, but it seems these tests were added to the installer script on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back