Contribute
Register

4530 Clover OSX/Win - Post install partition resizing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
4530s
CPU
i7-2820QM
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please say there is a way to resize the partitions after installation... There must be a better way to shrink the windows partition than backing up OS X and starting over from scratch...

I want to shrink the windows side and expand the OS X side.. Seems easier said than done...

Help..

Please say there is a way to resize the partitions after installation... There must be a better way to shrink the windows partition than backing up OS X and starting over from scratch...

I want to shrink the windows side and expand the OS X side.. Seems easier said than done...

Help..

Only way is to clone/backup, then clone/restore (at least the system that occupies the second partition).

Thanks... Just time consuming... was hoping someone came up with a nice trick. I guess not. Tried Linux G-parted live.. no luck..

Thanks... Just time consuming... was hoping someone came up with a nice trick. I guess not. Tried Linux G-parted live.. no luck..

You can't move a couch when there is a table where you'd like to place it without first moving the table.

I booted into my windows partition, went to disk management, and resized the windows partition to make a third partition to install linux on. Rebooted to linux installer usb, format new partition to ext4, installed ubuntu. I went from a dual boot to a triple boot, post install of windows and mac. It can be done, but it was scary haha

I booted into my windows partition, went to disk management, and resized the windows partition to make a third partition to install linux on. Rebooted to linux installer usb, format new partition to ext4, installed ubuntu. I went from a dual boot to a triple boot, post install of windows and mac. It can be done, but it was scary haha

That is not what the question in post #1 is regarding.

The OP wants to trade space in one existing partition for another existing partition, not create a new partition with space from an existing one as you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back