1. iOS
4530s ProBook with ML.
Core i5
480GB SSD
8GB RAM

Have read
7 pages of FAQ for ML on Pro Book...nothing seen about DVD burning support
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/77058-faq-mountain-lion-hp-probook.html

Have seen the thread about DVD not being recognised..but not yet tried to instal kexts..my DVD is recognised..so not goign to tinker just yet in case I break something

Inserting a blank DVD brings up the 'Untitled Recordable DVD' in the sidebar
Disk utility shows DVD as 'hp DVDRAM GT50N'
with Blank media in drive DU shows
Burn Support : Unsupported
Media type : DVD -R
I have burned to this media before on home Mac with no issues.

I have run the 6.1 Installer package and seen no patches in their mentioning DVD

Tried a Google advanced search of this site with various search params and seen nothing related.

At present unable to try different DVD's/ CD's as I am sitting in a field, camping, living off solar power, and no access to other media.

So...
is this a media issue or a ML support issue? comments appreciated.

Many thanks

Neil

Well, with proper installation burning works.

Thanks for that, good toknow.

I did a straight , standard no hitches clean install, using the latest Installer and ProBook installer app, I have not changed any kexts or done any fiddling beyond following the 'How to thread when first installed. So therefore from what you say, it should work, yet it does not.
So what could it be? dodgy media? dodgy DVD unit? I suppose trying to get some fresh/new media is the next step.

Anyone else come across this?

4530s ProBook with ML.
Core i5
480GB SSD
8GB RAM

Have read
7 pages of FAQ for ML on Pro Book...nothing seen about DVD burning support
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/77058-faq-mountain-lion-hp-probook.html

Have seen the thread about DVD not being recognised..but not yet tried to instal kexts..my DVD is recognised..so not goign to tinker just yet in case I break something

Inserting a blank DVD brings up the 'Untitled Recordable DVD' in the sidebar
Disk utility shows DVD as 'hp DVDRAM GT50N'
with Blank media in drive DU shows
Burn Support : Unsupported
Media type : DVD -R
I have burned to this media before on home Mac with no issues.

I have run the 6.1 Installer package and seen no patches in their mentioning DVD

Tried a Google advanced search of this site with various search params and seen nothing related.

At present unable to try different DVD's/ CD's as I am sitting in a field, camping, living off solar power, and no access to other media.

So...
is this a media issue or a ML support issue? comments appreciated.

Many thanks

Neil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-R

Are you certain your drive supports DVD-R? And are you sure you haven't burned the disc already once before?

Yes, had thought about that..will have to wait till I can get back to where the original HDD is stored

Not tried booting in to Windows yet, but burning does work from Finder, even though Disk Utility still reports that burning is un-supported.

DU seems to report all disks as Un supported for burn support..CD / DVD + or - or RW but it does seem to burn from Finder. ummm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back