Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
looking to buy this laptop from a private seller. it has never been turned on but i believe it comes with the hp mobile networking chip. would this cause issues with mac os x. how about if i remove the card or disable it in the bios?

the guy im buying it off has no clue what he is selling, i dont think the guy even gave me the correct number.

but basically ill get the laptop so long as i can install lion and have it work properly.
will the mobile network card work?

I don't think it will be a problem the sim adaptor but I do not know if it will work with MacOSX. I am not sure but I think this is removable, so no worries if it cause any problems.

also if i have the railink card, is it still possible to order the atheros (593127-001) through hp?

and i'm a little confused, am i right in guessing that part number 593127-001 is the atheros card? i ask only because atheros isn't written anywhere on the part desription

EDIT: i bought the laptop. i don't believe it comes with the mobile broadband chip, but i did notice a program on the desktop for it.

As for the wifi + bt card, i can confirm it has the Ralink. should i buy this part, 593127-001???

Give HP a call, they are very helpful.
When I purchased the Atheros card, HP didn't have any stock in Australia so they gave me names of other parts suppliers in Australia that might have stock. None did and wait-times were too long. Ordered one from eBay instead.

I've got a similar 4330s that also has the intel WWAN card, it doesn't cause any complications but as far as I know has no support from Mac OS X. I'd be interested in looking at replacing it, but I don't think any of the cards that are supported are compatible with the 4330s bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back