HP 8300 Elite
CPU
3770 i7
Graphics
HD4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I am a noob trying to install ML on a 4320s i3.
No matter what i try i can't get it to boot to install from my usb-stick.
I know the usb-stick is OK because i used it to install a 5330m without any problems.

I have tried different hdd's, no luck. Bios is set to AHCI.

the last message in -v is: com_lnxmac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

I have tried different busratios, 19 & 20 and GraphicsEnabler=No and -x -v -s and so on.
There is another thread suggesting to remove all the AppleIntelHD* kexts in System/Library/Extensions, could that be the thing to do?

i also get the message "The CMOS checksum is invalid" when i restart the pc.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

UPDATE:
Updated bios and then followed this great guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...tain-lion-usb-installer-guide.html#post433758

I can now boot to installer with -x.
But installer fails to detect my hdd. I have tried different hdd's.

The disk tool doesn't detect the hdd either.

Does the -x prevent drivers to load so that i can't se my hdd?

Cheers.

Hi,

I really could need some advice here.
I have searched and read a ton of guides and stuff but i can't get this 4320s i3 330M to boot to installer and find the hdd.

If i do a usb stick with Unibeast ML and Laptop support it's a dead end, i have tried every bootflag that i have found without result, all i see is apple logo and the spinner.

If i do a usb with this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...tain-lion-usb-installer-guide.html#post433758 and remove the AppleIntelHD* files from extension i can get it to boot to installer with -x. But then the hdd is not found by installer or the disk tool.

The hdd is found by chimera in the start, i have tried different hdd's and formatted them and so on without any luck. The hdd is set to AHCI in the bios.

I have updated the bios to F20 & tried F21.

I know there is ppl out there on 4320s that works, please help me! ;)

Cheers!

4320s won't boot to install. *Solved*

Hi,

After several days trying and reading posts all over internet i finally got it to detect my hdd in install.
The thing is that i have tried so many suggestions and kexts that lost track and i'm not quite sure what i did to make it work :(

But i think it was something with not adding DSDT to my usb boot drive.
Or maybe a bad usb-port on my other hackintosh from that i created the usb boot drives.

I'm currently waiting for the install to finish. Then i will add all post installation thingies...

Cheers.

Hi,

I can't get the graphics to function.
The chip is Intel (0x8086) 0x0046, 0x0012.
It says no kext loaded.

As soon as i add DSDT for my bios from HP installer i can't boot, i have tried all boot flags.
If i remove the DSDT from Extra i can boot again but without good graphics.

Cheers.

Have you put the IntelHD kexts back into the kext folder?

Also, can you remember exactly how you managed to get into the installer because trying to boot even using the 4730s guide I can't even boot into the installer, once I select the ML installaer in Chimera it gives the same flash of apple logo then reboots, even using various boot flags.

Thanks

No, i haven't put that back.

I think i followed the guide but did not choose any DSDT and removed all AppleIntelHD kext from Extensions. After that i could boot to installer even without -x.

Cheers.

Hi, How did you go with this? I have a ProBook 4320s i5 and am having exactly the same problems. I had given up but stumbled across this thread.

Hi, How did you go with this? I have a ProBook 4320s i5 and am having exactly the same problems. I had given up but stumbled across this thread.

Hi,

I have kind of given up also.
But i think i will try to extract my raw DSDT and then try out RehabMan's patches.
I will report back in this thread.

Cheers.

Hi,

Could someone help me to get my graphic card to work?

It's a:
Intel (0x8086
0x0046
0x0012

No matter what i do there is always 'No kext loaded'
The resolution its ok at 1366x768 but the update ratio (or whats it's called) is dead slow.

Could someone point me to a solution to get it to work?
Or is this how good as it gets on this graphic card?

Cheers!

Hi again,

I am beginning to think my slow graphics are because my cpu don't speedstep.
I have tried to generate my own SSDT with Revogirl's script and tried the one in Probook Installer, none of them seems to make my cpu to speedstep.

The thing is i can't se anything but HDD temp in HWMonitor, that does make me think i am missing something vital here.

The CPU is a i3-M330.

Anyone with an idea?

Cheers.

Hi again,

I am beginning to think my slow graphics are because my cpu don't speedstep.
I have tried to generate my own SSDT with Revogirl's script and tried the one in Probook Installer, none of them seems to make my cpu to speedstep.

The thing is i can't se anything but HDD temp in HWMonitor, that does make me think i am missing something vital here.

The CPU is a i3-M330.

Anyone with an idea?

Cheers.

Hmm, it does speedstep. I had forgot to install motherboard plugin to allow reading of hardware sensors.
So the graphic issue is still unsolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back