Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I downloaded the newest ML from App Store on 20th Nov.
I follow all the steps and able to create the Unibeast USB drive

My system is HP Probook 4230s
I have reset the BIOS setting to default, and I am able to boot from the Unibeast USB drive.
The white screen with Apple is shown and keep loading. However, there is a cross appear and it won't go to the installation part.
Then, I tried to boot with -v and -x

Which part did I go wrong?

My 4230s is using Ralink wifi. It shouldn't be the case, right?

I have reset the BIOS setting to default, and I am able to boot from the Unibeast USB drive.
The white screen with Apple is shown and keep loading. However, there is a cross appear and it won't go to the installation part.

What stage of the install are you in. It is not clear from your description. If this is just the first part, where you boot into the Unibeast created partition on the USB, then make sure you are not using a USB3 port.

I stopped at the white screen with Apple icon right the boot from Unibeast flash drive.

I am not using USB 3.0 port, and I tried all the USB ports.

I stopped at the white screen with Apple icon right the boot from Unibeast flash drive.

I am not using USB 3.0 port, and I tried all the USB ports.

Boot with "-v" to see where it is hanging up...

BTW, your wifi will not work with ralink. You will have to replace with Atheros.

Boot with "-v" to see where it is hanging up...

BTW, your wifi will not work with ralink. You will have to replace with Atheros.

Thanks for helping, I will take a screenshot tonight.

Also thanks for your reminding. Would there be any problems/differences if I replace the wifi after ML installation?

Thanks for helping, I will take a screenshot tonight.

Also thanks for your reminding. Would there be any problems/differences if I replace the wifi after ML installation?

No problems... replace when you can.

Hello, hope i can offer some help. I have tested on 4230s system. working ok. just need to learn how to patch things according to rehabmans guide. maybe i have a good quiet weekend to get it all together.

Have you updated to the newest bios version f.29? you can get this from the hp.com support site.

i guess you got the cross becuase you removed the usb installer, which is maybe why you didnt get to the installation part.

else, maybe its easier to confirm what you have/have not done.

did u get the latest version of everything before starting?

unibeast version?

osx ml version? 10.8.2?

probook installer version?

probook bios version?

any other custom mods you did to your 4230s?

remember to leave your usb unibeast installer connected after using disk utility in setup, and going to next install.

all the best.

Hello, hope i can offer some help. I have tested on 4230s system. working ok. just need to learn how to patch things according to rehabmans guide. maybe i have a good quiet weekend to get it all together.

Have you updated to the newest bios version f.29? you can get this from the hp.com support site.

i guess you got the cross becuase you removed the usb installer, which is maybe why you didnt get to the installation part.

else, maybe its easier to confirm what you have/have not done.

did u get the latest version of everything before starting?

unibeast version?

osx ml version? 10.8.2?

probook installer version?

probook bios version?

any other custom mods you did to your 4230s?

remember to leave your usb unibeast installer connected after using disk utility in setup, and going to next install.

all the best.
I am using unibeast version 1.5.3
installing 10.8.2
using the latest probook installer 6b10r2
the bios version is 28 (should i upgrade to 29?)

The updates is that I am now able to start the installation, but it fails when it almost finish.
I tried to save the install log, but it appears to restart when i click to save.

I am using unibeast version 1.5.3
installing 10.8.2
using the latest probook installer 6b10r2
the bios version is 28 (should i upgrade to 29?)

The updates is that I am now able to start the installation, but it fails when it almost finish.
I tried to save the install log, but it appears to restart when i click to save.

i still dont have a clue about how you are going about with it on your most recent try.

yes update to f29 bios.

are you following rehabmans guide to the dot. no skipping or funny business in between.

are you using a whole hd to test, u can re partition it later when u get things working. ie do another clean fresh install.

also set your bios to defaults. just in case.

apart from that, you should be fine.

so in a nut shell. start from scratch. eg. from a fresh clean unibeast usb setup. make sure your sources are verified. check the hash sums

i still dont have a clue about how you are going about with it on your most recent try.

yes update to f29 bios.

are you following rehabmans guide to the dot. no skipping or funny business in between.

are you using a whole hd to test, u can re partition it later when u get things working. ie do another clean fresh install.

also set your bios to defaults. just in case.

apart from that, you should be fine.

so in a nut shell. start from scratch. eg. from a fresh clean unibeast usb setup. make sure your sources are verified. check the hash sums
I just upgraded to f29 and installing Mac OS X right now. I will update later.

Yes, I am following the guide from Rehabmans.

and Yes, I am using the whole HD to test.

I installed DSDT(HD3000 BIOS v F20), SSDT(i3-2310M), AHCI patch from the probook installer to the Unibeast USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back