660ti 2gb MSI Power Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm really at a loss here you guys.

After installing a new video card and reformatting os x entirely (to 10.7.4) I'm getting geekbench scores of ~4000 - 4500.

I've changed my bios a million times and can include pictures of anything you guys might need.

I've tried mimicking this exactly http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/07/opt ... ation.html

I've tried doing it the way I always did (i used to get ~9400)

The things that have changes are the new 6870 (used to be 560ti 2gb) and i also flashed my bios to f12 (from f5)

I'm at a total loss now. I've also tried going from iMac 12,1 to MacPro 3,1.

Question for that, when i change my system profile, do i need to check off anything else as well? like do the userdsdt and fix permissions again or anything?

thanks for any help you guys can supply. this totally sucks. I guess i'll go test my scores in windows now and hopefully i wont have to reformat :(

there's a front page post on tonymacx86 about 10.7.4 and how to fix the speeds. essentially your machine is stuck at the lowest speedstep setting of 1.6Ghz, to fix it you'll need to add DropSDDT set to Yes and get rid of the generatepstates line in boot.plist.

SG- said:
there's a front page post on tonymacx86 about 10.7.4 and how to fix the speeds. essentially your machine is stuck at the lowest speedstep setting of 1.6Ghz, to fix it you'll need to add DropSDDT set to Yes and get rid of the generatepstates line in boot.plist.
dude. <3 okay. I'm on it. That avatar has been my hero around here in the past, nice to see your name pop up again.

thanks and pardon my ignorance

edit: exactly as SG mentioned
HaIN3.png

and for reference, this is what fixed it, i just had to add to list
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=59889&start=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back