Contribute
Register

4 monitors using 2 x NVS 290... good for Logic & Pro Tls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 7870
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just got my pcie x1 slot NVS 290 video card running in my machine. I need 2 more monitors, so I think the logical choice is another NVS 290. I will get the x16 slot version.

Is this a wise choice for Logic and Pro Tools, and support apps such as Izotope Ozone 5 Advanced? I think the cards are powerful enough because the NVS 290 support Open GL, Quartz Extreme and Core Image support. And they are fanless, which is optimal.

What I'd like to know is if anyone else is successfully running this configuration, and whether it is the ideal solution, or would a different card more easily yield four monitors?

Thanks Jester,

I have already seen all those links, and all the other ones about the NVS 290 on the internet :) None of them afaik address the multi-card 4 monitor scenario.

In retrospect my post should have asked: "What is the easiest and most reliable way to implement 4 monitors on a Hackintosh, without resorting to Displaylink?".

OK, I just found Jester969's post in a thread regarding running 3 monitors, and is states that "A HD6870 will do 3 monitors and works OOB."

After a little Googling I find that in a under Windows "It will do 4 displays. 2 via DVI/HDMI and then 2 more through displayport." I think I'll take a chance and order one of these and see if I can get it working under Lion.

Thanks for the help, Jester969!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back