Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm getting the kinks out of my new amazing hackintosh. I'm wondering why my 4 core i7 is showing up as 8 cores in activity monitor. Is that ok? I'm wondering because I use Digital Performer- its multi-processor enabled and I don't want it to be confused. Also my bios settings automatically boosted my 2.93 cpu to 3.4 but in system profiler it says 2.93. Is that normal?

Thanks a lot for any tips or info in advance,

Best,

B

bmoney said:
Hi,

I'm getting the kinks out of my new amazing hackintosh. I'm wondering why my 4 core i7 is showing up as 8 cores in activity monitor. Is that ok? I'm wondering because I use Digital Performer- its multi-processor enabled and I don't want it to be confused.

Activity monitor shows the number of CPU Threads. You have 2 threads per core, thus the 8 "cores" showing in Activity monitor. =)

My i5 - 750 shows up in Win7 as four cores, four threads, but in OSX shows up as 2 cores, four threads... any reason why?

J

Hi,
I have something similar...My Proc Intel Quad code 2.8 is showing 2.4 when analyzing the system ?
Any clue ?
So, Is it runing at 2.8 or 2.4 Mghz ?

Is there something I have to change ? I took the DSDT from the DB.

Burninator said:
Jdutch101 said:
My i5 - 750 shows up in Win7 as four cores, four threads, but in OSX shows up as 2 cores, four threads... any reason why?

J

Where in OSX are you seeing how many cores and how many threads you have?

Cinebench. I know that technically my machine isn't a Hack of course, but I when I look in Activity monitor I do see four threads... But in Windows 7, cinebench (same version) shows my CPU as 4 cores, four threads. There seems to be only a slight speed variation however...

Just curious

Jdutch101 said:
Burninator said:
Jdutch101 said:

J

Where in OSX are you seeing how many cores and how many threads you have?

Cinebench. I know that technically my machine isn't a Hack of course, but I when I look in Activity monitor I do see four threads... But in Windows 7, cinebench (same version) shows my CPU as 4 cores, four threads. There seems to be only a slight speed variation however...

Just curious

Is that what System Profiler says as well? If so it must be auto-detected incorrectly...

Also, what makes you say your machine isn't a hack?

What I meant to say was that it IS a hack, apostrophe got lost somewhere... lol. And no, SysProf. says total # of cores: 4... just curious why cinebench reads it incorrectly... and whether that's cause of the scores being slightly lower under Leo.

J

Jdutch101 said:
What I meant to say was that it IS a hack, apostrophe got lost somewhere... lol. And no, SysProf. says total # of cores: 4... just curious why cinebench reads it incorrectly... and whether that's cause of the scores being slightly lower under Leo.

J

If it's just Cinebench, I wouldn't worry that much about it... and you'd have to ask the Cinebench people, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back