Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
HD 5770
I am looking to add 12GB to my GA-X58-USB2 motherboard. I am perfectly happy to remove what I have on it already. My question is what is the best deal I can get for 3 triple-bank 4GB DIMMs? I have heard that certain RAM, especially G.Skill does not work with this board. Also, am I better off looking for 1333 CL7 instead of CL9 or should I step up to 1600 (and can I even do so?).

Thanks,
W

i'm curious as to know which apps you run that'll take advantage of the jump from 6GB to 12GB? i recently upgraded my i5-750 rig from 4GB to 8GB (bought new G.Skills at newegg's black friday sale). but after monitoring the system resources, based on my uses, i hardly go beyond 2.5GB.

I’m looking to install the same memory on a similar board. according to the mod at the gskill forum, it should work well with the GA-X58A-UD3; might want to ask there yourself.

Theoretically, it should be even better to get all in one set as conflicts are more likely with different sets (same thread).

But I haven’t found a working built with those specs and I’m new to hackintosh so you better get different opinions.

Autodesk sure loves a lot of memory. For my use (Lightroom3, Aperture3, and CS4) 12GB (6x2) would be the best bang for the buck, but who knows what the next generation of cameras and software demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back