Motherboard
MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK
CPU
i7- 9700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
I managed to make a fully working mac BigSur on my computer, but during startup this problem occurs and I have to turn the computer on again and also sometimes it randomly gets stuck on something while loading and so after 3/4 times I manage to start it. I've searched the forum for a few solutions, but the ones I found didn't help. Anyone know what else could be causing this? Sorry if there are any stupid mistakes, but this is my first macOS that I managed to make. I attach a photo of the error and my config.plist.

Attachments

• IMG20230122192445.jpg
    IMG20230122192445.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 15
  • config.plist
    22.4 KB · Views: 12
Complete the data in your User Profile, so people know which system you are using. You only need to provide three pieces of info.
  1. Motherboard - yes it does make a difference.
  2. CPU
  3. Graphics IGPU or discrete GPU.
Simple really.

You don't need the SSDT-PMC.aml table in your /EFI/OC/APCI folder or config.plist. This table is only required for Z390 system, so it shouldn't be used in your Z370 system.

I would recommend deleting the following kexts from your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and config.plist.
  1. CPUFriend.kext - does nothing without CPU Data kext or SSDT
  2. AtherosE2000Ethernet.kext
  3. RealtekR1000SL.kext
  4. RealtekRTL8111.kext
  5. RTCMemoryFixup.kext
  6. BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext
  7. CodecCommander.kext
  8. HibernationFixup.kext
Your Z370 system shouldn't need any of these kexts.

Your motherboard has an Intel Ethernet connector, so IntelMausi.kext should work just fine for Internet connection.

If you are installing version of Big Sur newer than 11.3 then the Kernel >Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry in your config.plist being set as True will not work.

These three entries should be set as true, not false.
Misc > Debug > AppleDebug, ApplePanic and DisableWatchDog

As you are using the iMac19,1 SMBIOS you should set Misc > Security > SecureBootModel as Default, not Disabled.

Try this revised config.plist, it contains the changes recommended above. So while the SSDT and kexts may be present in your OC sub-folders, they won't be actioned by the bootloader.

See if this helps.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 16
You don't need the SSDT-PMC.aml table in your /EFI/OC/APCI folder or config.plist. This table is only required for Z390 system, so it shouldn't be used in your Z370 system.

I would recommend deleting the following kexts from your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and config.plist.
  1. CPUFriend.kext - does nothing without CPU Data kext or SSDT
  2. AtherosE2000Ethernet.kext
  3. RealtekR1000SL.kext
  4. RealtekRTL8111.kext
  5. RTCMemoryFixup.kext
  6. BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext
  7. CodecCommander.kext
  8. HibernationFixup.kext
Your Z370 system shouldn't need any of these kexts.

Your motherboard has an Intel Ethernet connector, so IntelMausi.kext should work just fine for Internet connection.

If you are installing version of Big Sur newer than 11.3 then the Kernel >Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry in your config.plist being set as True will not work.

These three entries should be set as true, not false.
Misc > Debug > AppleDebug, ApplePanic and DisableWatchDog

As you are using the iMac19,1 SMBIOS you should set Misc > Security > SecureBootModel as Default, not Disabled.

Try this revised config.plist, it contains the changes recommended above. So while the SSDT and kexts may be present in your OC sub-folders, they won't be actioned by the bootloader.

See if this helps.
Thanks, you're awesome. Everything starts without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back