1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've updated my lammergeier build to El Capitan, but have one problem remaining. I can't get the AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA kext to load.

I have many SATA controllers on the machine: Intel Series 7 (6 ports on the chipset), one Marvell 88SE9172 (2 ports), and three ASM1061 (6 ports). All the ASM1061 and Marvell ports are connected to external drives (some with port multipliers), so I expect them to be removable (eSATA). I'm used to using this kext on Mavericks and having all these drives be removable, but so far I can't get this to work under el Cap.

There's got to be something simple I'm missing. Any solutions/hints appreciated, thanks!

eSATA-00.jpg

It's not working yet.

kextutil says it appears to be loadable, but that hasn't changed the above message from System Profiler.
I have found in the system.log this:
Code:
Aug  2 23:23:57 localhost kernel[0]: Notice - new kext com.tonymacx86.AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA, v0.5 matches prelinked kext but can't determine if executables are the same (no UUIDs).
<scratches head>

Have you experimented with removing kexts (making sure to backup) and have you rebuilt the caches for your system?

Have you experimented with removing kexts (making sure to backup) and have you rebuilt the caches for your system?
Which kexts to remove? The message about no UUIDs doesn't seem to imply a conflict with another kext.
Yes /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions have both been touched. Repeatedly (that really doesn't sound good, does it? :)).

It good that you have gone through the lists that can contribute to a system not being allowed to boot correctly and thats fine indeed.

Have you tried to grab the latest version of the AppleIGB.kext and experimented with that kext to see what output you will be getting?

Just to be clear: the machine boots. But the eSATA kext is not being loaded and thus my external drives are not hot-swappable.

Why would I load that network kext? How is that going to affect the 3rdParty_eSATA kext?

Thanks

Just to be clear: the machine boots. But the eSATA kext is not being loaded and thus my external drives are not hot-swappable.

Why would I load that network kext? How is that going to affect the 3rdParty_eSATA kext?

Thanks

Sorry! It seems that the thread that you were talking about the IGB kext got somehow merged, my apologies!

But with this, I am actually stumped for a suggestion as to why this eSata kext is not being injected correctly, it seems that all the other kexts get correctly injected but not the eSata.

Have you searched the forums about this topic as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back