Contribute
Register

3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a GA-X79S-UP5 X79 wifi, the 4 back usb3.00 are VIA, should be supported by the generic kext, still, it doesn't work!! I'm getting confused over all the information, does anyone know why it doesn't work?

I've installed via kext beast in /library/ext and run the xhdcump file yet to no avail :(

help please, I need it to work!! :'(

Why do my posts keep dissapearing? I'll repost this again.

So I have USB 3.0 kinda working with this kext but not 100%. If I boot up with something connected like an external HDD to the USB 3.0 port it will work at full speed and show in Finder.

If I don't have anything connected and do plug something in once OS X has loaded it won't show so I have to remove it then replug into a different USB 3.0.

The only other issue is none of the front USB ports work. There is two USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0.

Apart from that the build has been solid for the past month.

Right ok. I don't believe I was posting anything unapproved, what in the above message is wrong? I did notice the posts seem to vanish after editing them when I added some more info.

Thank you so much Rehabman and Tonymacx86!!!
My GMYLE usb 3.0 expresscard is finally working under El Capitan on my early 2011 MBP 17.

Steps:
- disable kext signing following the instructions here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...rounds-current-information-6.html#post1112869

- install the GenericUSBXHCI.kext (1.2.9 dated 1002) from Rehabman with KextBeast under /L/E/

- reboot

- Confirm with System Information that
1. Expresscard driver is now installed:
View attachment 170280
2. However, there is no USB 3.0 device listed:
View attachment 170281
3. GenericUSBXHCI extension is loaded:
View attachment 170282

I'll try with the newest GenericUSBXHCI.kext (1.2.10 and 1.2.11) and report

Followed the above instructions ... and it worked! Hallelujah ;)

Macbook Pro mid 2009 - Osx El Capitan (10.11.3)
Expresscard 34 with 2x USB 3.0 (Chip=NEC/Renesas) (http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00GHM8EAI/?tag=tonymacx8603-21)

Used the 1.2.9 version of the GenericUSBXHCI.kext = working (1.2.11 does not)

Thanks for the awesome work and help!

Hi All,

Confirmed working with OSX 10.11.3 on my Sony Viao VPCSE2 Laptop (Intel 6M Series) which has a NEC/Renesas uPD720200 chipset to provide a single USB3 Type-A Port.

History: I updated the HUB's firmware to version 4.0.2.1.0.3 via windows command line utility a few years back, and like many changed the sub PCI & Vendor ID's allowing the use of the 3rd Party Sonnet driver in Mavericks, when i updated to Yosemite i used Zenith432's clover patches allowing use of the native Apple kexts.

OSX 10.11.3: I tried RehabMans latest build of Generic USB3 Kext but it initially did not work for me until he pointed out that i should try cold booting with the USB3 device already attached which in my case is my Western Digital 320GB USB3 Passport drive which i use as a Time Machine Backup.

Using it like this the drive showed up in finder along with the drive icons on the desktop, however the USB3 hub/port/device never shows up in system profiler but it seems to work fine, I can even eject and reattach/hot swap ...

Speed is around 3 x faster than the USB2 ports so it seems to working as well as ever ..

USB2
USB3

Like others i'm using the latest version from RehabMans binary repo ....

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-...usb3/downloads

This Solution should also work for Sony SA/SB/SC laptops from the same generation, be sure to remove any previous USB3 clover patches, injectors ... etc

Cheers
Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
Another success story here!

My setup:
  • Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H v1.0
  • SMBios iMac13,2 (injected by Clover)
  • OS X 10.11.3
  • Fully patched DSDT

This motherboard has the following USB ports on the rear panel:
  • 2x USB 2.0 (Intel chipset)
  • 2x USB 3.0 (Intel chipset)
  • 4x USB 3.0 (VIA VL800 chipset)

Before using this kext, all these USB ports were working except the VL800 ones.

With the kext I now have the VL800 ports working at USB 3.0 speed! Doesn't show in System Profiler but I don't mind! =D

Thanks RehabMan for this great work!

PS: Attached the test I've made with my SanDisk USB 3.0 stick.

Addendum: Without 'GenericUSBXHCI.kext' my system poweroffs in just 3 seconds. Using the kext it takes about 30 seconds to completely shutdown. This is the only side effect that I've noticed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 11.01.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 11.01.00 PM.png
    863 KB · Views: 240
Success

I discovered this thread by accident today, started reading and decided to try
RehabMan's GenericUSBXHCI.kext (1215) It works like a dream on my old
GA-X58A-UD3R mobo with no DSDT and Clover 3346.

Also no problems with sleep and wake from sleep. Upon wake from sleep the
orange drive icon reappears without the message that the drive was not
ejected properly.

I've been trying to get an Inateck Fresco FL1100 based card but so far without
success as I cannot find a supplier that is willing to ship to Namibia,
nevertheless this solution will extent the life of this old and faithful
"ship" a little longer.

Thks RehabMan and everybody else that contributed to get this working.

Hi I have a GA-X79S-UP5 X79 wifi, the 4 back usb3.00 are VIA, should be supported by the generic kext, still, it doesn't work!! I'm getting confused over all the information, does anyone know why it doesn't work?

I've installed via kext beast in /library/ext and run the xhdcump file yet to no avail :(

help please, I need it to work!! :'(

Hi uriel529,
same machine as you and same problems: USB 3.0 Fresco not recognized, and 4 back usb 3.0 too, processor unknown.
Any help?¿

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back