3.09 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 1536 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I purchased this wifi/bluetooth card that is supposedly compatible for mackintosh etc.. - Im now told that I need an additional card to insert into this to ensure wifi/bluetooth will work in my machine ? - Anyone got any info of what else i need ? - See Picture.

Thanks

Attachments

• B37A7375-EEE2-49D8-80B1-9C14B63E7386.png
    B37A7375-EEE2-49D8-80B1-9C14B63E7386.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 212
What you purchased is just a PCI-e adaptor for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth cards. You are still missing the actual Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card.

Seeing as how your adaptor has three antennas, can use the BCM94360CS/BCM94360CSAX.

will the Macbook Pro A1398 BCM94360CS Bluetooth Wi-Fi Card be ok in it? Will it be compatible?

Another silly question here but where do the three wires connect to??

Thanks

will the Macbook Pro A1398 BCM94360CS Bluetooth Wi-Fi Card be ok in it? Will it be compatible?

Another silly question here but where do the three wires connect to??

Thanks

I don't know the different model numbers off hand... Too many to remember... Just look at the AirPort card from that model. If it has a connector that's the same as what I linked to, it should work.

The pigtail antennas from your adaptor connect to:
61ZwgPsLXTL._SL1500_.jpg

Daft question... but which pigtails go where??????

Also

are they to be soldered???

The pigtail antennas snap in to place. No soldering required.

Daft question... but which pigtails go where??????

The pigtails are all the same. You can attach them to the card in any order you like.

Im really struggling to attach them wven with magnifying glass! They look like they will match and fit but dont seem to stay attached!

Im really struggling to attach them wven with magnifying glass! They look like they will match and fit but dont seem to stay attached!

There are different sized connectors...
10PCS-2in-2-IPX-I-PEX-IPEX-U-FL-1-13mm-to-IPX-IPEX-U-FL.jpg

I think the BCM94360CS uses MHF-4.

So if they are diffrent can they be soldered?? Or is there any other options??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back