Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone,

I am currently wanting to buy a new monitor, a 34-inch monitor with 3440x1440. Most of the monitors that I am after are not having a DVI-port but display-port, HDMI and some even has Thunderbolt.

My question is, would my hackintosh be able to connect to the display via display-port or HDMI? I connect to my current monitor using DVI-port. I tried with HDMI yesterday and it was not working (only showing blue screen with "no-signal" text on the display). I do not want to buy the wrong monitor as it is quite costly too.

My current hackintosh set-up is as follow:
Asus H97M-Plus
Intel i5-4690K
ASUS STRIX GTX970
16GB RAM
El-Capitan

Thank you so much guys. :)

Hi everyone,

I am currently wanting to buy a new monitor, a 34-inch monitor with 3440x1440. Most of the monitors that I am after are not having a DVI-port but display-port, HDMI and some even has Thunderbolt.

My question is, would my hackintosh be able to connect to the display via display-port or HDMI? I connect to my current monitor using DVI-port. I tried with HDMI yesterday and it was not working (only showing blue screen with "no-signal" text on the display). I do not want to buy the wrong monitor as it is quite costly too.

My current hackintosh set-up is as follow:
Asus H97M-Plus
Intel i5-4690K
ASUS STRIX GTX970
16GB RAM
El-Capitan

Thank you so much guys. :)

you would have to use DisplayPort for that resolution. Also, please don't post the same question in multiple threads.

Hi Slim Jim,

Thank you for your reply and I apologise for posting in multiple threads. So I am assuming the monitor would work right out of the box without any tweaks right?

Hi Slim Jim,

Thank you for your reply and I apologise for posting in multiple threads. So I am assuming the monitor would work right out of the box without any tweaks right?

Spec wise it should but you might need something like SwitchResX to force the resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back