Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
softwareupdate.png
Today Apple released macOS 13.6.6 Update, a minor software update for macOS Ventura. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through macOS System Settings.

What we know about 13.6.6 so far...
  • macOS Build 22G630
  • Updated graphics, audio drivers
  • Install macOS Ventura App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Ventura from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Ventura App can be found in the Applications folder.
macOS Ventura 13.6.6— Restart Required

This update provides important security fixes and is recommended for all users.

For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222

Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:
macOS 13.6.5 Update

Last edited:
Still working here ...
1711391881096.png

that's all for now ...
1711393324133.png

Last edited:
Another smooth update, ~20 minutes and 4 reboots IIRC. Something I haven't seen before with these updates is that the first 6-7 minutes was constant scrolling of verbose messages with a lot of NVRAM writing; I'm used to staring at an Apple logo and progress bar.

I'm either overconfident or have early onset dementia as I started this update and one on my Android phone at the same time. 8)

Actually a smooth update - but, my system didn't show me the availability of the update, so I had to download the full installer.

1711541194411.png

I had several attempts to download and start when it would say it can't complete the update, no real reason given. I noticed this was with a small downloaded updater (about a gig, maybe a gig and a half?) in the systems setting panel. After a restart and a few hours later (when I was doing other things) I tried it again and it seemed to download a package comparable to the size of a full system update, about 12 gigs. Then the update went smoothly the usual way.

I updated my laptop, OC 0.9.9. My only issue is the last auto restart cycle seemed to freeze. The startup bar did not progress for minutes. It probably was working behind the scenes. I restarted, and installation continued with the bar much farther along. All working as expected.

Smooth and easy update directly from System Settings. It restarted a couple of times.
OC 0.9.9 - Gigabyte z490i AORUS Ultra (BIOS F23)

13.6.6.png

Latest Ventura updates didn’t show for me neither in System Preferences, strange!
Yes, this is strange ...
Maybe related to our SMBIOS, iMacPro1,1?
No, see post #2 & #5 above.

Re-check your OC version. kexts, etc.
Also, find out if iMacPro1,1 is appropriate for your environment.
Go
1711865718232.png
(System settings) > General > Software update.

As a matter of fact, right now I'm offered to go one step up :) ( I'll keep Ventura on this PC )
1711865195547.png

Keep searching.

Cheers :)

Back