Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a 32in LCD hooked up and it looks pretty good it's at 1920x1200 and overscan. However on the TV if I set it to Dot-to-Dot it looks amazing! However it cuts off the top and edges. Any suggestions on how to fix this? What settings I'd need?

Fencerkid said:
How did you get the tv to work in the first place? Mine will go through the grey apple logo, but stops afterwards. My tv says no signal, even though it just had one.

Sounds like a resolution issue. Most tv's only support a limited amount of resolutions.

Computer monitors will support more and higher resolution than tv's. I didn't think Mac OS would attempt to use an unsupported resolution on a connected device but I could be wrong.

Try connecting your tv to the computer as a second monitor and see if it shows up in System Preferences > Displays

By default OS X puts a display preference window in each monitor to adjust the resoutions separately, so if you press gather windows and you should be able to change resoutions for your tv from your computer monitor screen.

But I still didn't think OS X displayed unsupported resolutions. hrmm...

Fencerkid said:
How did you get the tv to work in the first place? Mine will go through the grey apple logo, but stops afterwards. My tv says no signal, even though it just had one.

Your problem sounds more like a frame buffer issue, actually. That same sort of sequence would happen to me when I was getting mine working... It'd boot up, show the POST, Chimera and even the Apple logo, but then it'd stop and the monitor would report that it lost signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back