Graphics
hd3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So when I begin to run memory intensive programs I'd like the option to use osx in 64bit mode. I noticed an option in the Secrets System Preferences Panel, and was wondering if it will mess things up. I was running X64 Windows and applications prior to my OSX installation. What is the best way to get osx to boot in 64bit mode?

So when I begin to run memory intensive programs I'd like the option to use osx in 64bit mode. I noticed an option in the Secrets System Preferences Panel, and was wondering if it will mess things up. I was running X64 Windows and applications prior to my OSX installation. What is the best way to get osx to boot in 64bit mode?

If you followed the sticky guide to OS X installation, you're already running in 64-bit mode. In fact, it is quite difficult to boot the ProBook in 32-bit mode since many of the kexts are not 32-bit compatible (you have to build them from source for 32-bit).

Perfect. I must say, This has been a wonderful experience. I forgot how much I love OSX and since 2004 there have been some neat changes. I'm having a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back