Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an 30" Apple Cinema Display and Nvidia GTX 570 HD by EVGA. The display is only running at 1024 x 768. If I look at the Mac Display configuration, the only resolution it offers is 1024 x 768.

It is running on Lion 10.7. Under System Report, Graphics/Displays it lists the Chipset model as GeForce GTX 570, etc.. Under Display it lists the Resolution as 1024 x 768 with 32-bit color.

I installed this on a new computer using:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

Under Multibeast Installation Type I chose to not install 2 things:

Under Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Graphics/ NVIDIA 4xx/5xx Support, I left this unchecked. It mentions in the note that "These patches enable OpenCL for Fermi 4xx/5xx cards. I don't intend to do any OpenCL programming so I left this out.

Under Lnx2Mac's RelatekRTL81xx Ethernet, I left that unchecked as I had Internet access that seemed to work ok at that time.

This monitor is capable of 2560 x 1600 using a dual-link interface which the Nvidia GTX 570 has but is only getting 1024 x 768.

What is the problem with my display only running at 1024 x 768?

They are not needed for programming, It's the runtime for OpenCL as well.

You need to set GraphicsEnabler to true in your Chimera config.

Unrealized said:
They are not needed for programming, It's the runtime for OpenCL as well.

You need to set GraphicsEnabler to true in your Chimera config.

That means if I don't intend to run any application that uses OpenCL that I don't need to install it? This doesn't affect my resolution problem?

All I did was used the canned DSDT that I downloaded from tonymac. How do I go about setting GraphicsEnabler to true in my Chimera config?

I figured out where the GraphicsEnabler file was on the Mac. It was already set to Yes. So what is likely to be the issue here? Does not checking OpenCL on Multibeast affect my resolution problem?

Unrealized said:
Is QE/CI working? (Is the bar on top transparent?)

I'm not that familiar with Macs so I'm not sure exactly what it's supposed to look like. If you mean the bar on top which has the Apple Logo and then the current apps commands, it's a solid looking silver color. What does QE/CI mean?

Unrealized said:
Is QE/CI working? (Is the bar on top transparent?)

I just did a software update. The progress bar on that was a mix of dark and light blue that had a transparent look to it.

This problem is SOLVED. The problem was: under Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Graphics/ NVIDIA 4xx/5xx Support, I left this unchecked. It mentions in the note that "These patches enable OpenCL for Fermi 4xx/5xx cards. Since I didn't intend to do any OpenCL programming I left this out. This install does more than just make it possible to use OpenCL with the cards. It makes it possible to achieve higher resolutions than 1024 x 768, etc.

DallasSoftwareMan said:
This problem is SOLVED. The problem was: under Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Graphics/ NVIDIA 4xx/5xx Support, I left this unchecked. It mentions in the note that "These patches enable OpenCL for Fermi 4xx/5xx cards. Since I didn't intend to do any OpenCL programming I left this out. This install does more than just make it possible to use OpenCL with the cards. It makes it possible to achieve higher resolutions than 1024 x 768, etc.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back