GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I'm building my first Hackintosh. I can see in the guide that only 2x RAM configuration are proposed in the config. recommandations.

Is there any technical known issues or bug on a Hackintosh by using 4x RAMs ?

Or there there is absolutely no difference by using either 2 or 4 rams? as long there are all dual channels.

thank you

Hi T-Bo,

I am not an expert so I can`t answer your question just want to share my experience with my first build I finished about 2 months ago and I regret of not buying 8GB Corsair memory instead of 4GB Kingston, my GA motherboard has only 2 slots so one is already used, if I add one more 4GB RAM I`ll have 8Gb and next time when I do the upgrade I should change everything again, my personal opinion is to better go with 8GB option, maybe it is little more expensive but I think it`s a better option.

Thank you but you replied about the usefulness to have 2 or 4 RAMS and this is not really what I'm asking :) I'm talking about compatibility and bugs behavior.

It depends on the motherboard. MOST mATX's only have 2 ram slots, so you will have to only use 2 ram modules. IF your Motherboard has 4 ram slots, then you can useup to 4 ram modules. It makes no difference between using 2X8 or 4X4 if they are dual-chanel, besides the expandability. Check your motherboard BEFORE you buy the ram to make sure that you can fit all 4 ram modules on it. If you cant find out how many it can take, list the motherboard along with the link to where you are going to buy it from.

Ok I see, anyway during this short time I also found out that I bought incompatabile RAM for cpu :crazy:...it shoud be 1066 not 1333...hope you`ll solve the problem fast,

Rgds,

OKay so no difference that's what I wanted to be sure! Thanks :)

i have 4x4GB memory in my system without issue, 2x8GB may be slightly faster if you are using a system that uses dual-channel memory (as most do), but its up to you if the price difference is worth it.

i have 4x4GB memory in my system without issue, 2x8GB may be slightly faster if you are using a system that uses dual-channel memory (as most do), but its up to you if the price difference is worth it.
Really? I highly doubt that. Why would that be faster than 4x4 GB?

I concur with bittermelon, 2 x 8GB and 2 x 4GB won't differ in speed if you're using a dual channel motherboard. The only time you want to use 4 ram sticks would be in a LGA2011 board which has quad channel ram.

And to answer the OP's question, there no technical issues with using 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back