Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Impact
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX780Ti
I'd just like to ask whether anyone has had any experience hackintoshing the Asus Maximus IV Z68 motherboard, or do hackintosh MB's HAVE to be Gigabyte?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131760

If no one has, I guess I'll just wing it, and tell you guys what happens.

Second question: I'll be 3-way SLI'ing GTX 580's, can I get OSX to just use one, although I really don't care what it does with my GPU's in the end.... whatever.

And I have one SSD for Winblows 7, the other SSD for OS X. I take it that will work?

EDIT: Oshi- I just watched the video on DSDT or whatever they are, and I'm more confused than ever. So does it HAVE to be a Multibeast supported motherboard in order for me to use my computer to its full potential in OSX? Can I make my own DSDT for my specific motherboard?

There certainly is a lot to absorb all at once when getting into building a Mac.

Yes, you can use an Asus board, it doesn't have to be a Gigabyte.

DSDT: Differentiated System Description Table is part of the ACPI specs & supplies configuration information about the system. Having one gets sleep, restart and a lot of other functions working without any trial and error.

There is a program DSDT Autopatcher that you might want to look at.

SSDs work in Mac OS X, so should be doable.

I suggest you follow the iBoot + MultiBeast guide after reading a bit in the forums on your particular board, there might already be an install guide available.

The GTX 580 is not on the hardware compatibility wiki, so you should search the forums to see if anyone has successfully used it and what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back