Contribute
Register

2x nVidia Geforce 460GTX (SLI) could it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
"Mac Pro"
CPU
3.24 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
GeForce GTX 480 1536 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have 2 460GTX and i'm wondering if Chimera would recognize both of them in SLI configuraton.
Anyway if the OS X doesn't reconize both, i want them for gaming (Windows 7) so, could i use them in SLI for Windows without interfering with Chimera?

Thank you.

Yes, it is possible. You have to use a DSDT edit or use EFI device-properties (much easier).

For EFI device-properties, you have to plug each card individually, on their respective slots, and run the attached gfxutil for each card:
Code:
./gfxutil -f display

It should output something like: DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

On my config, it generates:

Code:
For PEG1: DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
For PEG2: DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Generate a proper NVCAP with NVCAP Maker (from the extracted bios of your primary card), then, edit my attached config (gtx460_sli.plist) and change both addresses, from gfxutil output, 1st card NVCAP and change memory config (VRAM,totalsize) accordingly (mine is set to 1024 MB).

After making the necessary edits, run:
Code:
./gfxutil -i xml -o hex gtx460_sli.plist gtx460_sli.hex

Then, add the string from gtx460_sli.hex to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist as:
Code:
        <key>device-properties</key>
        <string>LONG_STRING_FROM_gtx460_sli.hex</string>

On my config, the 2nd card is disabled, as I don't use it for anything on MacOS. If you want both detected, copy the config from the 1st card (on plist) over to 2nd card, and change 2nd card device_type to NVDA,Child. You should also set the memory and extract its NVCAP.

Head over to viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20367 to learn how to edit AGPM for performance (and to prevent crashes!).

Have fun. ;)

Attachments

• gtx460_sli.plist
    1.8 KB · Views: 213
  • NVCAP Maker 1.4.app.zip
    351.4 KB · Views: 107
  • gfxutil.zip
    30.4 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back