i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My config is dual boot : a main clover UEFI MACOS drive and a second clover UEFI drive (containing a MacOS main clone + W10)

After upgrading bios (from v7 to v8) the clover UEFI second drive option has gone from the bios setup
I can only select my main UEFI drive in the boot options - MACOS and W10 still boot well from clover main UEFI drive
I have tried to disconnect my main drive but that did not make the second UEFI drive appeared in boot options.

EasyUEFI on W10 seems to create UEFI boot entry/rebuild EFI system partition - but not clear if suitable for dual config MACOS/W10 ?
Using commands like bcfg within EFI clover shell or efibootmgr may also me to repair/add UEFI boot map ?

EDIT :
I solved my issue by running clover shell command : bcfg boot add
According to this guide (post #3) : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-uefi-clover-boot-option-gone-after-bios-update.211715/
It should also be possible to do the same operation with the free version of EasyUEFI in W10 (Did not as I used the shell command - I only used EasyUEFI to rename the added boot entry)

Last edited:
Today my actual UEFI OS Sandisk 960GB drive went missing from the boot menu. The drive shows up but is now inaccessible. The latest Win 10 update says that it fixed a boot drive innaccessible problem (that I did not have, but I do now!). So I don't know what's causing it. Spent 3 hours trouble shooting. Here are the steps I've taken so far: Cmos reset, C.P.R.(asus thing), unplug everything but the keyboard, take out both drives and try to boot with just Mac OS, restore default BIOS settings. Disable secure boot, boot from UEFI, tried to boot with clover USB, but that took about 30min just to get 75% through the Apple loading screen, use the Mac OS drive in a real mac with a SATA wire to see if I could recover it. I'm going to reflash the BIOS right now and see if that doesn't do something. I might give up after that. I'm so PO'ed. I attached the Win 10 Update because I highly suspect that it has something to do with this situation.

Attachments

• March 5, 2018—KB4090913 (OS Build 16299.251).pdf
    143.9 KB · Views: 135
Today my actual UEFI OS Sandisk 960GB drive went missing from the boot menu. The drive shows up but is now inaccessible. \
I had this happen last week- flashing the BIOS led to the UEFI disk disappearing from the list of disks in the BIOS so could not boot to it. Can't use the Clover command if it won't load Clover.

In my case the problem seems to have been caused by the Ubuntu grub bootloader I had installed for multi-booting MacOS/Ubuntu. I could select an Ubuntu boot in BIOS but not UEFI to load Clover.

I eventually fixed mine by booting from a USB stick (glad I had a separate backup of my EFI folder) and then mounting the EFI of the affected disk. I erased the Ubuntu/Linux boot folders from the EFI but leaving Clover and the MacOS parts alone. Then the UEFI reappeared in the BIOS boot list selection.

Also glad I had a current Time Machine backup ready if I had needed to go that route.

The UEFI OS SSD actually doesn't show up on any machine right now. I mistook the Windows bootloader drive as the hackintosh drive because they're the same model. Also, my Ubuntu USB doesn't go past the install or try screen and I have multiple listings with "Windows Bootloader".

What is the Clover Command?

The UEFI OS SSD actually doesn't show up on any machine right now. I mistook the Windows bootloader drive as the hackintosh drive because they're the same model. Also, my Ubuntu USB doesn't go past the install or try screen and I have multiple listings with "Windows Bootloader".
You can try first to clean your UEFI boot entries - See guide below :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/

After cleaning bios boot entries you can then add missing entries (following the guide linked in EDIT post #1)

Last edited:
No, this drive is dead. The drive cannot be detected by any BIOS or OS. I'll try an RMA.
Between:
-Dual Boot to Windows 10
-The new APFS on it
-The Windows 10 Update on March 9th 2018
-Trend Micro not getting my login credentials last time

something corrupted it.

I attached the March 9th Windows update. It says something about
'Addresses issue where some devices may fail to boot with "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE".'

Attachments

• March 5, 2018—KB4090913 (OS Build 16299.251).pdf
    143.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back