2X Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti 6G, PNY 780 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been trying for a number of weeks trying to solve this and haven't really gotten very far. My first 980 Ti in the seventh slot is recognized and loads the kexts from the web driver just fine. My second 980 Ti is in the fifth slot and throughout the Clover boot in the verbose mode it loads both cards just fine. I boot into desktop and that second card shows up only as Nvidia Chip Model. Looking into the IOreg at PCI1@NPX7@3 it shows that the kext is loaded just fine. However, PCI1@NPX3@2>IOPP>display@0 shows that the card hasn't loaded the kexts. So, it doesn't show up as a GPU to use or CUDA or anything. I have tried a DSDT edit but that didn't help, plus I'm not sure I performed it exactly correct, so that could be it. Attached is the IOreg. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Jason’s Mac Pro w 2cards.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 98
I would love to contribute to your enquiry but I need some help. Please ? ;)

I would love to contribute to your enquiry but I need some help. Please ? ;)

Thanks for your help. Check out my reply in that post.

Update:

To see what would happen, I plugged in my 780 Ti into slot 5 and with my 980 Ti in slot 7 and it recognized it with no problems, kexts all loaded, GPU's registered in Luxmark, etc.

I'm pretty sure that I've checked each 980 Ti separately to make sure this isn't a card issue, but I'll check again. Any thoughts on why it wouldn't load drivers for a second identical card?

IOreg posted with 780 Ti included.

Update: So, here's something interesting.

Slot 5: 780 Ti
Slot 7: 980 Ti
Result: Successful. Both cards identified, Luxmark registers the cards.

Slot 5: 980 Ti
Slot 7: 780 Ti
Result: Failure, 780 Ti recognized and loaded, 980 Ti says NVIDIA chip model Luxmark not seeing it.

Same as above but with the other 980 Ti, to see if there's a card problem. Same result though.

So, I'm not sure what to think. I'm not sure if a DSDT edit for a PCI slot ID would do it as we know the 780 Ti works and I'm not sure a DSDT edit to directly inject the 980 Ti is it either.

Thoughts from the 'smarter than me' pool?

Attachments

• Jason’s Mac Pro 780 Ti 980 Ti.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back