Graphics
GeForce GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Planning on buying these parts later tonight, hopefully all is well with this build, this is basically a final check to get some feedback from the community.

My only 2 questions are... Is there a specific brand or type off SSD that will run better on hackintoshs? I read one post that recommended the Samsung SSDs way over other brands. Also I'm a bit confused when it comes to the OS, I understand that Mountain Lion should be out this week so will that alone be all I need for the OS?

Thanks for the help!

OS - Mountain Lion

CPU - Micro Center - Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz LGA 1155 Processor 407643

MOBO - Micro Center - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Motherboard 346726

Wifi Card - Micro Center - TP-Link USA TL-WDN4800 Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter TL-WDN4800

SSD - Micro Center - OCZ Technology Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-120G 120GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Solid State Drive (SSD) with SandForce 2281 Controller AGT3-25SAT3-120

Video Card - Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX570 HD 2560MB GDDR5 SLI Ready Graphics Card (025-P3-1579-AR): Electronics

Hard Drive - Amazon.com: Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive Bulk/OEM - WD1002FAEX: Electronics

RAM - Amazon.com: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B: Electronics

Case - Amazon.com: NZXT Crafted Series ATX Full Tower Steel Chassis - Phantom White: Electronics

PSU - Amazon.com: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply - CMPSU-750TXV2: Electronics

CD - Amazon.com: Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW-24B1ST (Black): Electronics

You will of course need Lion installed to updated to ML, or at least access to a mac.

Well I do have access to a mac, so basically all I need is that ML file and not Lion?

Crucial M4 or Sandisk Extreme.

If you have access to a mac you use Unibeast to install ML from the App Store.

Well I do have access to a mac, so basically all I need is that ML file and not Lion?

We cannot talk about installation methods until it is released. Wait a day or 2!

Crucial M4 or Sandisk Extreme.

If you have access to a mac you use Unibeast to install ML from the App Store.

So an OCZ that is a bit cheaper is not worth getting?

If it is cheaper then no problem. Just suggestions. :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back