Contribute
Register

2019 Mac Pro is Now Available at Apple.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to Upgrade the Mac Pro from the base 32GB to 96GB of Ram
This is so easy and inexpensive that it's a complete no-brainer. Saves you nearly $1,000 over Apple's upgrade prices. This is a complete video showing what to get and how to install it. 96GB should keep you flush with adequate ram for many years. That is unless you are an astrophysicist that crunches numbers 24/7.

Here is the link to this ram kit on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V1YG2VV/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

The ram is branded "Nemix" but is actually the same Hynix made ram that Apple ships with the Mac Pro. Zero worries about compatibility. Just make sure you install to the correct slots as shown in the video.

Crucial is charging nearly $100 more than this for the same Registered ECC 64 GB Memory kit that is clocked slightly lower than the Nemix ram. OWC is charging $120 more for their 64GB ram kit for the Mac Pro.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

I predict the price for Nemix ram will go up quickly from the current $239 for the kit. The demand for this is going to be massive due to the low prices compared to upgrading from the factory when you buy a Mac Pro. Don't worry about the green PCBs on the Nemix ram, you'll have a lot more green in your pocket when you go with that ram.

Last edited:
This video claims Apple accidentally sent an extra GPU, RAM, Storage, and CPU cores and told him to keep it for free. Definitely jealous.

Just 2 quick question.

Can we run the new Apple Pro XDR display on any hackintosh with the Titan Ridge PCIe card installed? Will this also work on Windows? (the GPU is Radeon VII)

If any has a suggestion for a an X299 motherboard that is hackintosh "friendly" (Been looking at WS Sage 10G), and be capable of having a Titan Ridge support for the TB3, please let me know :)

Merry Christmas

This video claims Apple accidentally sent an extra GPU, RAM, Storage, and CPU cores
I would think a company valued at a trillion dollars could give away a few thousand dollars in hardware and not blink an eye. In a sense they were apologizing for that horrible trashcan experience a loyal customer had.

I would think a company valued at a trillion dollars could give away a few thousand dollars in hardware and not blink an eye. In a sense they were apologizing for that horrible trashcan experience a loyal customer had.
Yeah. Maybe the algorithm was something like DAYS_SINCE_LAUNCH < 2 AND YEARS_AS_CUSTOMER > 10 AND NUM_HACKINTOSHES == 0. Very jealous.

Yeah. Maybe the algorithm was something like DAYS_SINCE_LAUNCH < 2 AND YEARS_AS_CUSTOMER > 10 AND NUM_HACKINTOSHES == 0. Very jealous.
He certainly deserved all the extra upgrades he got as does everyone who has supported Apple long term, back to before they were the largest company in the world and on the brink of bankruptcy just around 22 years ago. Zollotech has posted literally thousands of reviews of Apple hardware and softwares that haved helped sell hundreds of thousands of Apple products that Apple has profited greatly from. Youtubers that constantly criticize and complain about Apple will never get this kind of a favor from them. Even if they do say a few good things about an Apple product occasionally.

Last edited:
If any has a suggestion for a an X299 motherboard that is hackintosh "friendly" (Been looking at WS Sage 10G), and be capable of having a Titan Ridge support for the TB3, please let me know :)

Well to keep it slightly on-topic I'll suggest a cheaper way to get the same thing: Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro. You can always add a 10G card. I haven't used this one myself, but you can find posts about it. MSR has to be unlocked by BIOS mod, I think.

With the really lux workstation boards, sometimes it's just paying for a bunch of unneeded PCI-e switches.

Not sure which ones can do Titan Ridge tho.

This latest Mac Pro was never designed for, or aimed at, 99% of the population. It was aimed at true graphics professionals, such as animation studios, movie studios and suchlike.
Us poor folk that have to build hacks to get enough performance for the money are still the black sheep in the Apple family. Looked over once again. We're supposed to taken care of by the $1000 + Mac mini, possibly with an eGPU added for graphics. By the time you add that you're spending close to $2,000.

We still don't get anything in the 1000 -2000 dollar price range that is modular the way that the new MP is. I'd be happy with a standard ATX motherboard that has 100 % macOS compatible hardware. Apple could easily contract with Gigabyte to build them and Apple could sell them through their stores and website. I suppose one ITX version too for those with less room for a mid-tower.

How easy would that be ? Really easy. No need for Clover or Opencore. Everything including audio, wifi, USB and Thunderbolt 3 just works OOB. Only something we can dream about currently. They could sell them for $299 ($199 for the ITX) and I think many people would happily pay that price for a board that is 100% macOS compatible. Those prices would still give them their high profit margins and they keep millions of more people in the macOS ecosystem, using their other services and buying apps and software programs.

The Apple I (One) was really not much more than a motherboard. 43 years later, they could call this the Apple III. They'd sell way more of these than 2019 Mac Pros and probably make more money.

Here's another idea from a popular Youtuber.

Last edited:
Well to keep it slightly on-topic I'll suggest a cheaper way to get the same thing: Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro. You can always add a 10G card. I haven't used this one myself, but you can find posts about it. MSR has to be unlocked by BIOS mod, I think.

With the really lux workstation boards, sometimes it's just paying for a bunch of unneeded PCI-e switches.

Not sure which ones can do Titan Ridge tho.

Cheers - ill have a look for this board. And make a buying advice thread instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back