Contribute
Register

2012 Mac Spec Sheet Leaked - All New Models & Prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desktop = Hackinbeast
Laptop = Nothing but an Apple laptop.

RETINA DISPLAYS!!!! wow! Imagine the real estate on the 15" macbook pro.

Do we know when the planned release date is yet?

I guess mountain lion will be at the same time :)

I'm really waiting for the new list of laptops. I was planning for a MBPro 13" with high resolution but if they disapear.. oups.
Oh well, I could always get the "New Macbook" in 13inch

Last month I was planning for a mac mini after selling my old iMac 20" but thanks to this forum and awesome utilities, I'm going to make a small hack-Mini (100 times better than a mac mini and cheaper. ;-) )

Still can't wait to be next week !!

Cult of Mac has some info today on the Mac Pros, which seems to confirm the rumors on Socket 2011, Xeon E5s.

Chinese site M.I.C. Gadget says it has all the details on the new Mac Pro, according to “field experts” that have talked to industry sources:

Here is the official word: SATA III/SAS connectivity is now native, which is always good for solid state drives. We expect Apple to be offering solid state drives as they are now, but with the fact being, that the SATA II is no longer a bottleneck. For boot drives, very good news, at 6GB/s.

Expect PCIE3 to be native as well. For your RAID arrays, video cards (professional or otherwise) this will be better than PCIE2 for scaling, though not better for performance in all cases. Also expect up to 40 lanes per socket, rather than the usual 36 of the previous generation.

Specs For New Mac Pro Revealed, Including Thunderbolt And Intel Xeon E5 [Rumor]
http://www.cultofmac.com/171911/specs-f ... -e5-rumor/

chorner said:
Darn excited over the new New Mac Pro's, and also a new MacBook for me :) Thanks kindly hackintosh community for bridging the gap of conversion!

This very much represents my position precisely! (Apple, take note, your customers want a mid-level machine that isn't embedded into a monitor!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back