Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!
I have i7 3930k socket 2011

and my intel DX79TO mbo has just broke few days ago.
I have to get replacement and anyway intel mbo didnt work good with mac

on compatbility guide there is only one mbo which works "good" : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128563

but there are many bad comments about it.. it has bad rating and stuff.

Is it worth the money and is it good mbo? is there something else what will also work with mac?
It needs to have 8 ram slots cause I have 8 x 4gb of ram.. and 2011 socket also.

THANKS

it has good rating, seems pretty good to me!, BTW: there are lots of awesome motherboards out there but they mostly work with the ivy bridge cpus so how about selling the cpu u have and buying an ivy bridge or selling the cpu u have then waiting for the haswell cpu buyers guide to come out!

it has good rating, seems pretty good to me!, BTW: there are lots of awesome motherboards out there but they mostly work with the ivy bridge cpus so how about selling the cpu u have and buying an ivy bridge or selling the cpu u have then waiting for the haswell cpu buyers guide to come out!

sorry I gave wrong link.. its this mbo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128563

I dont want to sell my hexacore, it was around 700$ when I got it and it will be hard to get good money now for it.

Thanks

thanks.. I think I will take that.. its pretty expensive but what can I do ^^
my intel was super cheap mbo

so is it a good buy for hackintosh but also for windows pc?

Is good for both, but remember that on the OS X sode the CPU powermanagement is unsupported and sleep/wake will not work.
Your CPU will have basically 2 states - idle and full-out.

I can recommend the Sabertooth ALL THE WAY. It has never had an issue, and everything but speedstep and power management works on the board. The board overclocks well with the 3930k, and has great cooling over the chipset and the capacitors around the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back