Contribute
Register

2011 Macbookpro won’t boot after multibeast installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now I am potentially hoping that after this install of OSX from one of my backups, that i might get access to a version of finder.

If I can then I should hopefully be able to delete that folder you guys were saying to delete.

I finally managed to get it to enter into recovery mode (command and r after the bing).
No need to install or restore a backup if you can get to the recovery partition.
You could use the Terminal to mount the EFI partition and delete the Clover files.

OK so Time machine has just finished and its letting me into OSX again.... for now, but i don't feel that this wee battle is just quite over yet

OSX is indeed running. So now I need to know how I should use terminal to mount the EFI partition and to delete the clover files - Im not particularly well versed in the usage of terminal if i am completely honest with you

OSX is indeed running. So now I need to know how I should use terminal to mount the EFI partition and to delete the clover files
If you have a working OS then you don't need to use Terminal.

Download and run EFIMounter.

Mount your EFI folder and using Finder delete the whole /CLOVER folder and its contents.
You should also delete BOOTX64.efi from /EFI/BOOT.

Oh good man - ill try that this very second now that the OSX is up and running.
Thankyou

Sweet thats it done - what a great resource that is.

Hey Guys,

I have to thank you all for your help earlier - I got the SSD into the system and did another TimeMachine on the brand new hard disc - Im going to turn the other 500gb drive now into some sort of an emergency boot drive like Apple use at the genius bar - believe it or not i used to work for Apple in Sydney too!

Now all i need to do is to get the USB 3.0 Port running on the ExpressCard slot and I'll be bouncing!!
Amazing!
Thanks again guys,

Jonny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back