Contribute
Register

2010 Hackintosh Build Compatible With Mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME B360M-A
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 580
Hey guys, I have a stable 2010 hackintosh build running El Capitan 10.11.6 at the moment and I'm wondering if I should take the plunge to Mojave. I'm currently doing Time Machine and Carbon Copy Backups (I need to back up anyway!)

My specs:
ASUS Maximus III Gene mobo
Intel i5 2.68ghz
12 GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX 650 1GB
1TB

My system definition iMac 11,2 seems to be too old to download Mojave from the app store. Can I simply change the system definition somehow and download the update? In Multibeast if I remember correctly?

Thanks for any help, it's been a couple years since I messed with anything hackintosh related.

Ok something strange is happening now. I tried updating my system definition to iMac 13,1 and upon rebooting I had crazy lag/latency. This was most apparent when trying to play videos and typing. (I had to open Keyboard Viewer because typing was so laggy!)
So I switched back to the old version of Clover I was using (4.24), and the old system definition (iMac 11,2) but the lag is still happening.

I am completely stumped why doing something so seemingly simple annihilated my computer. HELP!

I've since (mostly) fixed the issue and am running Sierra. Should I update to Mojave?

ASUS Maximus III Gene and i5 750 @ 2.68ghz

did you do it ? I am going to try putting mojave on my Maximus III MB soon and will let you know how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back