Contribute
Register

2008 early macbook pro (hp prebook 4530s) Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, i read it .. HDMI was working on el capitan.. but i think i will stop posting, Thank You

Evidently you didn't read it carefully enough, as you didn't provide "Problem Reporting" files and the guide makes no use of toleda's scripts.

Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting". Reply with all files and output requested.

Hello, i try to download Sierra from Mac App store but a popup say to me: your computer can not run Sierra .
like if i have an older computer.
My config.plist is the one from rehabman github ( config.plist_4530s ) , computer appear to be an early 2008 Mac Pro

You're using the wrong/old config.plist.

Last edited:
I changed config.plist buth nothing change.
I have used the one in config directory named config_4x30s.plist
The repo is
url = https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch

I checked with Plist Editor Pro
I have
SMBIOS
-- Productname MacBookPro8,2
-- Trust YES

You clearly have the wrong file. Current plists use MacBookPro8,1 never MacBookPro8,2.

Note:
Code:
SPEEDY-OSX:guide.git RehabMan$ grep MacBookPro8 *.plist
config_HD3000_1366x768.plist:        <string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
config_HD3000_1366x768_7series.plist:        <string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
config_HD3000_1600x900.plist:        <string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
config_HD3000_1600x900_7series.plist:        <string>MacBookPro8,1</string>

You clearly have the wrong file. Current plists use MacBookPro8,1 never MacBookPro8,2.

Note:
Code:
SPEEDY-OSX:guide.git RehabMan$ grep MacBookPro8 *.plist
config_HD3000_1366x768.plist:        <string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
config_HD3000_1366x768_7series.plist:        <string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
config_HD3000_1600x900.plist:        <string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
config_HD3000_1600x900_7series.plist:        <string>MacBookPro8,1</string>

So i have to use the config plist in dir config_ports and not in config. Right?

PS: so if i create a sierra install usb drive i need the .plist in config_ports directory ( your github repo )even in the fixed drive

Last edited:
So i have to use the config plist in dir config_ports and not in config. Right?

PS: so if i create a sierra install usb drive i need the .plist in config_ports directory ( your github repo )even in the fixed drive

Installation is separate from post-install.

Clover has no support for MacBookPro8,2 as far as filling in defaults for it, so it fills defaults from MacPro3,1, which of course is not supported on Sierra.

In post-install config.plist you should have a fully specified config.plist/SMBIOS (with correct board-id specified) vs. using Clover's stock board-ids.

I will change the code in the ProBook repo to use MacBookPro8,1 instead of MacBookPro8,2 to handle the case of individuals not following instructions (eg. failure to create a full SMBIOS specification in config.plist, as per guide).

Installation is separate from post-install.

Clover has no support for MacBookPro8,2 as far as filling in defaults for it, so it fills defaults from MacPro3,1, which of course is not supported on Sierra.

In post-install config.plist you should have a fully specified config.plist/SMBIOS (with correct board-id specified) vs. using Clover's stock board-ids.

I will change the code in the ProBook repo to use MacBookPro8,1 instead of MacBookPro8,2 to handle the case of individuals not following instructions (eg. failure to create a full SMBIOS specification in config.plist, as per guide).

Ok thank you.
I misunderstood, i notice after that you intend a different .plist from the github repo of postinstall guide .
Even thank you as ever :)

i notice after that you intend a different .plist from the github repo of postinstall guide .

Yes, different plist used for install vs. post-install... and there are instructions for using Clover Configurator to completely fill out your config.plist/SMBIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back