Contribute
Register

2 Yosemites installed Clover's EFI is only in one the old one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clover is loading from USB, the label on the main partition fs is 'OS X Install USB'
ok that's what I thought so where it is in the USB so I can edit that?

ok that's what I thought so where it is in the USB so I can edit that?
Download Semulov from this page, you can use it to mount/unmount the various EFI partitions. They will all be named EFI so you might work out which is which, then create an empty folder/file in the root of each EFI partition e.g. 'yosemite1', 'installer' etc to avoid further confusion.

ok I just installed Simulov, but as disks it's only listing my USB and Yosemite 2, I went to preferences and checked show startup disk and is displaying also greyed out, the startup disk name, but nothing that says EFI.

Last edited:
The startup disk is greyed out because it cannot be unmounted. Check 'Show unmounted volumes' to show the EFI partitions.

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 17.29.31.png

The startup disk is greyed out because it cannot be unmounted. Check 'Show unmounted volumes' to show the EFI partitions.

View attachment 311139

Yes I was able to get the EFI partition in the USB, but there's no config.plist in there ... I downloaded clover configurator and I was able to open it. And check it, still don't know where that can be ... there are several config.plists after a finder search, but none of them have any info about the EFI boot partition, BTW I tried to upgrade Clover as this is an old 2K version, it didn't work ...

Yes I was able to get the EFI partition in the USB, but there's no config.plist in there ... I downloaded clover configurator and I was able to open it. And check it, still don't know where that can be ... there are several config.plists after a finder search, but none of them have any info about the EFI boot partition, BTW I tried to upgrade Clover as this is an old 2K version, it didn't work ...
Use an appropriate version of multibeast, install Clover or Clover legacy on one of your internal disks, if you want Clover on the EFI partition choose that option in the installer.

When this is done you can remove/archive all remaining Clover folders from your internal disks, make a new unibeast installer etc. and disconnect it before attempting to boot your new Clover.

To boot: Select the disk you installed Clover on as the BIOS boot device if you installed legacy Clover, or configure the UEFI to load Clover, if you installed EFI Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back