CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I bought a two Terabyte drive for my main drive and I could never get it to boot, I always got an boot error. when I investigated iboot only saw it as a one terabyte drive? I'm using an old 160 Gig as my boot drive for now, does anyone know how to get the two terabyte drive to boot using iboot and multibeast? I'm running Lion 10.7.2 with a H61 Gigabyte, a HD 5770 with 8 gigs of ram.

You have to partition the drive as OSX support 1TB partition only.

My suggestion for you is use your 160GB drive as your OSX drive and use the 2TB as DATA. You can partition off the 200GB from the 2TB and clone your working OSX from the 160GB drive as backup. that way you have 1.8TB of DATA and 200GB backup for your OSX.

there are some reporting issue with WD Caviar Green drive, if yours is one of it, then have a read here.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33732&start=10

That is exactly how I set my system up. I have a 250GB laptop drive running osx, and my 2 TB WD Green drive sitting in an addonics 5 tray disk array strictly for data. I would recommend setting up another small drive to have as a spare OSX drive to do testing on. That's what I am currently doing to test out the Lion install without actually breaking anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back