Contribute
Register

$2 Bluetooth adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
free shipping actually (just takes a long time). i got one and i can confirm that it works with magic mouse. i doubt wake from sleep works but i haven't tried. but for $2, can't really complain.

Hey I have the same USB Dongle....
Can I use it with my Hackintosh for connecting the Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse????

i have the $2 bluetooth purchases from dealxtreme few month back
I ordered 2 and they sent me like 8 in a tiny bag from china.

I installed it yesterday in my hackintosh and it paired to my magic mouse and microsoft bluetooth mouse, the movement of the mouse on both is unstable and it was a little better on the microsft mouse than it was on the magic mouse.

I do not know if it is the dongle or i need to add some fix up for it.

rbahri said:
i have the $2 bluetooth purchases from dealxtreme few month back
I ordered 2 and they sent me like 8 in a tiny bag from china.

I installed it yesterday in my hackintosh and it paired to my magic mouse and microsoft bluetooth mouse, the movement of the mouse on both is unstable and it was a little better on the microsft mouse than it was on the magic mouse.

I do not know if it is the dongle or i need to add some fix up for it.

Well that's bad news. Could be the range of the dongle- do you have it in a display USB port? Or attached directly to the motherboard in the rear. Some of those cheaper dongles you need to be seriously within 5 ft with no obstruction. Might try a USB extension cable?

i have it attached on the back of my hackintosh, and the case and the computer is sitting next to me, i am barely 2 feet away.

I ordered one of these. If it doesn't work then Oh well. It didn't cost much for a chance it will work.

i ordered one too. sounds like i'm getting the same results as rbahri: using the magic mouse after a moment of inactivity can be a little jumpy, as well as it completely not working for some stretches. it's weird too because it doesn't give me the mouse disconnected notification when it stops working, like i get when i power the magic mouse down...so it must still know there's still a device out there, but it just doesn't pick it up well? i even tried connecting it to the usb port on the side of an apple keyboard, which is inches from the mouse, and experienced the same behavior.

oh well...i guess that experiment only cost me $2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back