Contribute
Register

2.1 Sound (Stereo in conjunction with subwoofer for music playback)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570K
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

I have a 5.1 speaker system working through the 3-port audio setup (Audio layout 2) - thanks to toleda! Aggregate device setup is working through the Audio Midi Setup. For stereo music, I wanted the lower frequencies to run through my subwoofer, instead of my smaller speakers - similar to setting a crossover frequency on a receiver. However, in the speaker configuration panel in MIDI setup, there's only options for stereo and 2.0 surround.

Does anyone know of a way to get stereo music to work in conjunction with a subwoofer where the lower frequencies are handled by the subwoofer (ie, 2.1 sound)? Is there a third party software that has crossover capabilities (I've searched but haven't come across anything). Any thoughts toleda?

Thanks!!

PS - The 5.1 configuration works great for movies!

Does anyone know of a way to get stereo music to work in conjunction with a subwoofer where the lower frequencies are handled by the subwoofer (ie, 2.1 sound)?
Yes, Audio MIDI Setup/Audio Devices/Create Multi-Output Device
2.1: Add 2nd Line Out
All channel stereo: add both Line Outs

Yes, Audio MIDI Setup/Audio Devices/Create Multi-Output Device
2.1: Add 2nd Line Out
All channel stereo: add both Line Outs

Thanks toleda. Does this look right? I was expecting to see 4 speakers show up in the second screen (speaker configuration) - should this not be the case? Also, I'm assuming sound will come out of my center speaker with this set up since the second line out goes to the subwoofer and center channel, correct? Thank you.

Audio_Devices_1.png
Audio_Devices_2.png

I still can't get it to show 4 speakers for 2.1 output. Any ideas? See image above. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back