i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

I've bought many of these Timetec branded SSDs and they've all worked perfectly with either macOS or Windows. 1TB NVMe SSDs have all gone up higher than this recently. These are good to use as an external "game" drive or just as a large flash drive when it doesn't make sense to pay more for NVMe speeds if they don't make a difference for the use case. These work great for system drive backups or clones.

Screen Shot 9.jpg

The Crucial MX500 SSD would be my first choice but you have to pay $18 more just to get a small amount of DRAM with your SSD. Doesn't seem worth it in the short term. It may last a few years longer with heavy use though.

1701000441622.png

Screen Shot 10.jpg

Last edited:
All you need to connect one externally is a low cost Sata to USB 3 adapter cable. The SSD gets power from the USB port. If you have Amazon prime it's under $10 today and tomorrow.

Screen Shot 5.jpg

Transfer speeds won't be over 550 MB/s no matter what this graphic shows.

1701000901332.jpg

You could even use one with a USB C adapter to back up your Android phone.

1701001141831.png

An OTG or On The Go adapter (sometimes called an OTG cable, or OTG connector) allows you to connect a full sized USB flash drive or USB A cable to your phone or tablet through the Micro USB or USB-C charging port. You may have gotten one in the box when you purchased your device, although they can also be purchased seperately from lots of major retailers. It allows the transfer of data as well as connectivity to peripherals.

Attachments

• 1701000901332.png
    1701000901332.png
    796 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
There is still one cheaper 1TB Gen3 NVMe on Amazon but I don't know how well it works with macOS. I've never bought any MSI branded NVMe drives. Let me know if you have one. Has a Phison E13T controller and QLC NAND flash. That's why it sells at such a low price. Probably not worth the two dollar savings.

Screen Shot 6.jpg

Last edited:
Back